Chapter 24

The next morning, Alex is the last one to wake. She finds Sam, Lena, and Kara out on the balcony enjoying some coffee together and discussing their weekend plans.

"There's the sleepy head," Sam teases lightly. She grabs Alex's arm and pulls her into her lap. Alex groans at the sudden movement, and then suddenly blushes when Sam kisses her cheek.

"Gross," Kara mumbles from her curled up position, leaning heavily into Lena.

"You're gross," Alex quips.

Lena rolls her eyes before locking eyes with Sam. "We are dating toddlers."

Sam chuckles, "Correction: we are dating a couple sugar babies."

"Are you guys going to keep talking like we aren't here?" Alex asks.

"Very needy sugar babies," Sam deadpans.

Lena cracks and starts laughing once she catches the pout on her girlfriend's face. "Aw, baby. Sammy didn't mean it." Lena kisses the top of her head.

Kara snuggles in further to Lena's side with a small smile at the affection. "So, when do I get to meet Ruby and beat out Lena for favorite aunt?"

Lena scoffs in fake offense. Sam just laughs. "Well, I'm going to pick her up this afternoon. We could go get some ice cream or something before Alex and I take her to dinner?"

Kara's eyes light up at the mention of ice cream. Lena is nodding her head in agreement, eager to see her favorite niece after so long. Alex looks at her hesitantly, "Can I go with you to pick her up?"

"Of course," Sam says softly. "I was hoping you would."

Alex smiles back and loops an arm around Sam's shoulders to pull her into a half hug. They all settle into a comfortable silence - that is until Kara's stomach interrupts it with a loud growl.

"I suppose I should feed you, huh?" Lena asks. "What do you all think about going to Noonan's for breakfast?"

Everyone quickly agrees. They move about the penthouse to get ready and dressed to head out. Lena arranges for a driver to pick them up out front of the building. The Danvers sisters both have a strong love language of touch, so the two couples are disgustingly cute as they wander into Noonan's. Kara's arm is looped around Lena's waist, holding her tight. Alex leads Sam's hands to rest around her shoulders, pulling her close.

Lena leads them back to a corner booth and settles in. They joke and laugh as they look over the menu, waiting for the server to stop by. As they joke around, Lena suddenly tries to hide behind Kara. Kara quickly looks around to see what has the CEO on edge. She stiffens when she locks eyes with them. Kara is quick to turn and envelope Lena into a bear hug, pressing Lena's face into her chest. This triggers Sam to look around and Alex to have a silent conversation with her sister.

Sam audibly grinds her teeth when she sees Veronica and Andrea in line for coffee. Alex places her hand on Sam's tensing forearm, running her thumb against the skin. They can hear Kara whispering to Lena, but they can't make out what she is saying. After a couple minutes of tense silence, Sam gently informs them when the coast is clear.

Lena cautiously leans back and peers over the blonde's shoulder just to double check. She sits up but stays pressed to Kara's side with a slight frown.

Alex debates with herself before asking quietly, "Who were they?"

Sam practically growls, "Veronica and Andrea."

Lena looks up to big blue eyes, "Thank you."

Kara smiles softly in response. "Do you want us to order to go?"