Chapter 38

AN: Surprise!
It's true. I'm back.
I went through this fic and cleaned up a lot. No major plot changes, but editing was definitely needed. My goal is to keep up on this fic and focus on finishing this before starting any new stories. I'm trying to be very intentional with my free time while I'm out of university for the summer.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
Stay safe. Stay healthy.

Alex subconsciously starts to rock her body into Sam's. Her hands track up until her fingertips are brushing against the band on Sam's bra. When Alex nips and pulls Sam's bottom lip with her teeth, Sam lets out a shaky breath. Alex moves her attention to nipping and kissing along that stunning jawline and down that long, defined neck. Her tongue is quick to soothe the little red marks she leaves behind.

"Babygirl," Sam moans out. Her fingers lace in that short hair for something to hold on to.

Alex's fingertips start to slip under the band of Sam's bra. She gently rubs the skin there. As she continues her open mouth kisses, she quickly gets frustrated that Sam's shirt is in the way on her trek. One hand slips back down to pull up the fabric to get it off that toned and lean body. She props herself up on one elbow, and Sam sits up slightly. As soon as the shirt comes off, it's tossed over the back of the couch. Sam leads Alex's head back to her neck, chanting a quiet 'please, please, please.' Alex's hands spread out, touching as much soft skin as possible. Her lips resume the previous path, licking and kissing down the valley of her breasts.

Alex's finger starts to toy along the bra straps. She pauses and looks up at the disheveled woman underneath her. "Is this okay?"

Sam's eyes are blown out. Her chest is heaving up and down with heavy breaths. "More than. Your pace though, baby. Is this okay for you? Do you want to stop?"

Alex just stares deep into those honey eyes. She rests her chin on Sam's sternum as she takes a moment to calm herself and to consider.

Sam interprets this hesitation as a sign to - at the very least - pause, if not come to a full stop. She drags her hands from Alex's hair to cup her face softly. "Ally, we can stop. Let's take a breath here. I meant what I said. I am a patient woman, and I will wait until you are ready."

Alex lets out a tiny whine and squirms a bit. "Why is that the more you keep talking like that, the more I don't want to stop..."

Sam chuckles lowly. She pulls Alex's face up by her chin to plant a soft and loving kiss. "Sounds like you and Lena share that particular kink for consent."

Alex's eyes go wide with her face blushing profusely. "Wh-what?!"

Sam openly laughs with a twinkle in her eye before pulling Alex back in for another brief kiss.

"Why would you tell me something like that, Sammy? I don't need to know about my sister's sex life," Alex whines.

"I said nothing about your dear sister, babygirl. I just told you one of Lena's kinks. Also, that should be a comfort! Lena will take good care of her and will never do anything without making sure she is okay with... anything they get up to."

Alex groans and buries her face in Sam's chest without a conscious thought. Sam bites her lip to keep her from laughing and jostling the woman. She wants to see how long it takes for the older Danvers sister to realize exactly where her face is. Sam starts to giggle when she sees Alex stop breathing and freeze completely on top of her. Alex pulls back just a second or two later with her face as red as a tomato.

"Baby, it's okay if that's where you are most comfortable," Sam teases her slightly.

"I- I- I am so sorry."