Unexpected encounter

It has been a while since I have been out of the house, so I decided to take a stroll around the house. I put on a hoodie and cap as I put the facemask in my pocket. It wasn't really needed because there aren't anyone around but just in case. I got out of the house and locked the door after me before putting my hands in my pockets and taking in the cold fresh air. I couldn't stop thinking about what Minju had said yesterday. It felt like she was really sorry about what had happened.

I sighed as I waited further away from the house but soon I heard some voices in the distance.

???: Girls! Don't run too far away or you will get lost!

???: Okay, unnie!

The voices sounded so familiar. I took out my facemask from my pocket and quickly wore it. What in the world were the girls doing here?! Out in the middle of nowhere?!

Wonyoung: Yena unnie! Yujin unnie! I saw a butterfly flying this way!

I quickly ducked behind a tree as Wonyoung, Yujin and Yena ran past me. I sighed in relief that they didn't see me and quickly made my way back. As soon as I got back it began to rain. I sighed in relief as I escaped the girls but I also got worried about them. What if they get caught up in the rain and get sick? What if- *knock knock*

I quickly turned around and looked at the door, as I heard someone knocking on the door. I tiptoed closer to the door and looked through the peek hole, only Wonyoung, Yujin, and Yena right in front of my door. I cursed under my breath and tried to tip-toe away when Yena began to speak.

Yena: Please let us in for a moment. It is raining with cats and dogs at the moment! We just want to shelter for a while!

I opened the door slightly so that they wouldn't see my face or have the opportunity to come inside. I made my voice a bit deeper to not be recognized.

Jahoon: I'm sorry but I can't let you in right now as the house is a mess and I don't let strangers in.

I was about to close the door when Yujin placed her foot in the gap of the door.

Yujin: Please sir. Just for a moment, we won't ask for anymore.

Jahoon: I'm sorry but the house is under renovation. You guys would have to find another house to be in.

Wonyoung: It's fine if we can just stay here at the entrance. Please, sir~ Your house is the only house around here~

Girls... Sweeties... You guys have to learn to take a no sometimes. I watched them from the crack as I saw them visibly shaking, being wet from top to bottom. In the end, the good part of me took the better of me, as I couldn't stand to see them freeze like this.

Jahoon: Fine but wait a minute.

I pushed Yujin's foot out and closed the door before running to my bedroom to put on a cap, facemask, and hoodie to cover my identity. I quickly ran back and opened the door for them to enter. As soon as they got in, I closed the door behind them and saw them looking around the house with their mouth agape.

Yujin: I'm sorry sir but didn't your say that the house was under renovation?

Yujin looked at me skeptically as it was clear that the house wasn't under renovation. I could feel the sweat roll down my forehead as I tried to come up with an excuse.

Jahoon: It's because it is another part of the house that is under renovation but I was just worried if a worker passed by with some heavy stuff and you girls would get hurt.

The girls looked between each other with a look like they didn't believe what I said but then they just shrugged and looked out of the window in hope that it would stop raining soon.