I Meet My Half Siblings

I only blinked when we finally arrived at Westover Hall, the building itself looked more like a fortress than a school. I swallowed hard when Percy pushed the door open, my heart practically ramming against my ribs like it would burst out of my chest, as my memories flooded into my mind. I'm about to meet Bianca and Nico Di Angelo again, Hades' children. I didn't know what to say to them nor how to act around them, I mean they are my siblings, and Hades asked me to protect them from any harm. I walked through the school hall, which is dead silent since no kids were around the hall. Our footsteps echoed loudly throughout the empty hallway, while Annabeth decided to recite our little plan to get into the gym and meet Grover. My stomach churned when I saw Dr. Thorn walk towards us with an angry look, absentmindedly I gripped my right wrist so hard, ready to pull my bracelet and summon my sword if I have to. Annabeth noticed this as she squeezed my arm gently, silently telling me to relax and not to worry about this. I almost chuckled at this, she didn't even know what kind of monster Dr. Thorn is, and the fact that this monster will kidnap her and bring her to Mt. Othrys, where Luke will force her to hold the sky.

I completely tuned out most of the conversation they had, until suddenly I felt a pair of eyes watching me intently. I blinked out from my daze and looked up, only to find Dr. Thorn's mismatched eyes staring straight at my own. Even when Thalia was talking to him, his eyes never left me, I began to sweat a little under his sharp and hard gaze. Luke most likely already told him about me, and most likely ordered him to bring me to Mt. Othrys as well.

"Fine," Dr. Thorn grunted as he finally tore his gaze away from me.

"Guys!" a voice suddenly came from behind Dr. Thorn. "You made it!"

Dr. Thorn spun around and looked at Grover with utter disgust like his mere presence annoyed him greatly. Grover stopped running towards us and straightened up at the sight of Dr. Thorn, and Grover greeted him with an overly polite tone that made me cringe. But, despite the polite tone, I caught the hostility in Grover's eyes, he didn't like Dr. Thorn's presence. Or he probably knew that Dr. Thorn is actually a monster in disguise. Dr. Thorn ordered Grover to bring us to the gymnasium, which is where the party is being held and left us for good.

"Uh, follow me," Grover said and we began to walk towards the gym.

We followed him to the gymnasium quietly, I could hear the music blasting from there and a few other noises coming from inside there. When Grover pushed the gym door open, I saw a half-baked party being held there. It was so bad that I had to suppress the urge to burn the whole thing to the ground, hell, the parties from my previous life were a lot better than this one. Most of the kids just sat in their chairs with bored expressions, a group of girls was gossiping in the other corner, another group was walking around the party like they owned the gym, and very few people were actually dancing lazily in the middle of the gym, while some kids decided to play basketball in the back.

"This party is a disaster," I managed to speak. "It's a complete disaster."

Grover sent me a hurt look. "Hey! I'm the one who planned the whole thing!"

"Sorry, buddy," I said and patted his shoulder. "But that's the truth."

Grover started to protest at me, while I scanned the whole gymnasium, trying to find Bianca and Nico in this crowd. And I found them rather quickly, with Bianca sitting on a nearby table, while she tried her best to cover her face with her hat, and Nico playing Mythomagic eagerly while he kept talking to his sister.

"Grover," Percy said quickly. "Where are they?"

Grover stopped ranting towards me and rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly. "Oh yeah," then he followed the line of my sight. "It's them."