I Just Save A Monster

I tapped my arm as I looked around the museum I am in right now, The Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. Any moment now Percy will show up and tell us that, someone called The General had called a bunch of skeletal warriors to hunt us down. My eyes darted around as I tried to find something that can tell me Percy's presence, but then again he used Annabeth's invisibility cap, which made him invisible. I sighed quietly as Grover tried to track Artemis down with something that looked like an acorn or something that looked like that. Suddenly the back of my hair stood up, I quickly turned around and scanned the small crowd of people behind me. The Museum is a little bit deserted, with only a few people around there, a group of little kids with their teacher, a couple of families, and nothing out of ordinary. Soon after this Percy will come and tell us that The General a.k.a Atlas will send an army of Skeletal warriors to hunt us, well in this case hunt Percy down.

I started to wonder what kind of monster will they sent us after this, I mean I already killed the Nemean Lion. There are a lot of possibilities here, although there is a possibility that Luke has two Nemean Lion at his disposal. Which made me think? Why wouldn't he kill the Nemean Lion himself if he wanted the pelt so bad? Why he wait for me to kill it first? Did he know if he bathed in the River Styx with it he will be fully invincible?

'That stupid boy couldn't handle it' I heard Kronos say inside my mind 'He's too weak'

I tried my best to ignore it

'But you on the other hand' Kronos chuckled 'You're stronger than him, after all, you are different from the rest of the demigods in here'

I frowned a bit as I watched the group of little kids go to the gift shop. Why won't he leave me alone already?

'Like I said, I lived in the darkest part of your mind boy' he sneered at me 'Your doubt, your anger and your hatred of your situation. Even you said it constantly that you over it, it still linger in your mind. You didn't delete that dark part, you just swept it under the rug and hope that it will never resurface or someone didn't notice it'

My hand twitched when I heard Kronos say that because it's the truth. I was never able to forget what the god has done to me, I'm not completely over it, I just pushed all of that part away into the deepest part of my mind. And the only line that kept me from snapping is my mother, and my friend at the camp. They are the only ones that kept me from killing the gods and made them pay for what they did. Without them, I maybe already on Kronos's side.

I heard a burst of laughter inside my mind 'That string is so thin boy. You already hanging by a thread, a very thin thread. You are angry that the gods still doubt you, even though you almost die just to save their ass'

"Hey! Reiner!" I blinked and turned to find Grover looking at me with worried looks.

"Are you okay?" he asked "You looked a little bit out there"

"Sorry" I muttered and pinched my nose bridge "I'm just thinking about something"

'Until when you are keeping me as a secret boy?' Kronos whispered 'Until when you finally realized you will never escape from me?'

Grover arched his eyebrow "About what?"

"Well, why didn't Luke send something else to chase us," I said and looked at one of the displays "I mean after the Jake incident, there's nothing. I mean, isn't it way too easy?"

Grover's eyes darted around "I'm been wondering about that part too. I haven't caught anything, I mean any monster scent or anything"

"Anything from the tracking?" I asked him.

Grover blushed a bit "I don't know, I mean Lady Artemis definitely visited here although is brief"

I nodded "You know where we headed next?"