Conversation About Our Failed Plan

I woke up earlier than I thought, I rubbed my eyes slowly as I pushed my blanket away from my body and crawled to the chilly air outside, carefully not to accidentally wake Nico and Percy up. I quickly stepped out of my tent and walked into the cliff where Annabeth fell into, I sat on the edge and watched the moon still illuminating the sea. I quickly fell into the comfortable silence around me, aside from the soft sound that came from the sea, I closed my eyes for a moment and tried to enjoy the silence that had become a rare moment to me. I am finally able to put my mind to ease and think things through more clearly. But I had to open my eyes when I heard footsteps behind me, I sighed quietly as I realized that my quiet moment is already gone.

"Reiner, you can't sleep to huh?"

I turned my head to the side and saw Percy already taking a seat right next to me, and damn he looked like a big mess. His hair is everywhere, his eyes are kinda dull and he looked stressed. He yawned and scratched his cheek as he watched the ocean that spread in front of him with tired looks. Annabeth's sudden disappearance affect him greatly and he still blamed himself for it.

"You?" I asked him back "What are you doing here in this hour?"

Percy only chuckled but it sound so forced "I can't sleep, not when Annabeth is out there with Dr. Thorn, gods know what will happen to her"

"Percy," I said slowly "She's going to be okay. Annabeth is very smart and I believe that she knew what she should do to stay alive until we rescue her"

"But, is Luke we talking about," Percy said a bit louder this time "Luke is dangerous! Look what he did to you last two summers ago!"

I grimaced when I heard that, I still got the scar on my side. It reminds me of that day every time when I changed my clothes. The jagged white line that ran from my lower chest into my left waist, I unconsciously grabbed my side as I looked at the ocean in front of us. Percy sighed miserably as he mumbled sorry when he realized that his sentences made me uncomfortable.

"It just" he whispered "I wish I could do more. I wish I could stop the hunter to shoot at Dr. Thorn, I wish, I was able to catch her"

He took a couple of deep breaths "Thalia right. I'm just making everything worse, I should stick to the plan"

"Look Percy" I looked at him seriously "If you want to blame somebody, then blame everyone. It's not your fault entirely. It's my fault too, if only I be more careful when I fought with Dr. Thorn then Annabeth didn't have to jump into Dr. Thorn's back. If only the Hunter listens to me, not to shoot at Dr. Thorn then Annabeth will be here. If only Thalia could stop Annabeth from jumping into Dr. Thorn's back, she should be here now" I exhaled slowly as I put my hand on his shoulder "This is not anyone's fault, these things just happened. And now we need to calm our head and figure out where Dr. Thorn took her and save her."

Percy looked troubled for a moment before he exhaled slowly, a small smile formed on his lips

"I guess, yeah you right," Percy said "Worrying about it won't solve anything. Annabeth probably called me Seaweed Brain if she saw me like this. I have to stay calm so I can think through this matter clearly"

"Besides" I nudged him "We got another trouble, headed towards us"

Percy follow my line of sight and saw Zoe walk towards us, she stood a good 2 feet away from us and clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Lady Artemis wants thee to ready in 10 minutes," she said sharply before spinning around and walking away from us quickly.

Percy and I only looked at each other before we laughed and stood up from our position. I quickly moved into the tent and woke Nico and Grover up, and told them to get ready because we are about to leave. Someone tapped my shoulder and I turned only to find frustrated and tired Thalia, her electric blue eyes looked fiercer than usual, probably due to stress or something else. To sum it up, she looked grumpier and tired.