20

hajime's pov

i don't know what it is about kazuichi but he always manages to make me laugh. maybe it's the fact that he knows me better than anyone, or maybe its because we're best friends (as much as i hate to admit it.)

"wait wait wait — you're telling me the first time you and fuyuhiko went on a date you spat your milkshake at him?" i laugh lightly, eyes closing as i simply lay on my bed.

"i got nervous." kazuichi groans in embarrassment. "he makes me nervous!"

"he's like 4'3 and has a baby face. isn't he literally lactose intolerant?" i laugh louder, covering my mouth with my hand.

"okay and? he was always with peko and she's fuckin' scary dude! she could slice someone in half so quick." he defends. its absolutely true, there isn't a single thing intimidating about fuyuhiko. what is intimidating, however, is the tall woman that always seems to be next to him with a giant sword.

"true, but peko's nice. a total softie on the inside."

and with that we continue talking, not once noticing the time. it was late, very late. i could barely keep my eyes open. when i check the time, the clock says 2:49 am. on a school night. eventually i ended the call with kazuichi, after telling him how late it was.

the next morning i almost didn't wake up in time. my body was too tired to even move. however, i did so anyway and got ready for school. on my way out, i see my friends taking their usual route to school.

thing is... i've kind of been avoiding nagito. and by avoiding, i mean completely ignoring his texts. honestly i felt kind of bad, but im still embarrassed. i was about to confess to him dammit! and what was he even going to say...? i interrupted him, didn't i? maybe he was going to friend zone me or something.

"dude. you look like shit." fuyuhiko bluntly states as he keeps walking. he was holding kazuichi's hand and i noticed that kazuichi looked just as tired as i did.

"gee, thanks fuyuhiko. you're so nice." i reply, rolling my eyes. "it's not like kazuichi looks any better."

"he looks like shit too."

"wha— im your boyfriend, you can't just insult me like that!"

as they begin to bicker, chiaki approaches me. leaving sonia behind to talk to nagito about god knows what... probably rich people business.

"so... what's up?" she asks, phone in her hand as she plays a new game. i pet her head as a greeting.

"not much. why?" i stuff my hands in my pockets, staring in front of me. coincidentally, nagito is walking right ahead of me. his hair looks nice. its probably soft...

"nothing new with—" she mouths his name, then moving her head in his direction as if she was pointing. i narrow my eyes.

"no."

"ah... have you talked to him?" she tilts her head, staring right at me. i shake my head in complete honesty. though i left out the part where i completely ignored his messages.

she hums, not pressuring me any further. though i can tell she's dying to ask me more, i simply ignore her gaze and keep walking. eventually, we make it to school.

nagito 🍀
[1 tik tok]

nagito 🍀
[1 tik tok]

today

nagito 🍀
you there?

well well well... if it isn't the consequences of my actions.

me
hi

nagito 🍀
ahh there he is, as dry as ever

me
sorry. and sorry i haven't been responding, i have a lot on my mind right now.

nagito 🍀
im just teasing ;) and its no problem at all! you know, if you ever need anyone to talk to..

me
i can talk to the school counselor?

nagito 🍀
what? no. there's a school counselor??

me
yeah, her name's monomi or something

nagito 🍀
ah. well sure, her too. but you can always talk to me!

me
thanks, nagito.

...

me
:)

"hinata, is my teaching disrupting you?" i suddenly hear the teacher ask, making me jump a bit. i shake my head, and he simply gives me a warning glance. for the rest of the class, i rested my head on my hand as i stared out the window.

hi!! sorry for taking so long, i left this chapter half way for a while. it was my birthday last week and today i took my learners permit test, i passed btw! anyways, im sorry if its short and not enjoyable, i've been very busy but i have next week off! so i'll see if i can write something. as i mentioned on my message board, i've been playing danganronpa recently so maybe it'll help me write more.
enjoy ur food!

edit; im thinking of making a oneshot book, probably only for danganronpa characters but we shall see. character x character unless people request "x readers" though i don't enjoy writing them. thoughts?