8

hajime's pov

"haaaajimee!" i hear nagito call out, i turn my head to look at him. raising a brow as i see him standing next to a vending machine.

"want a snack? my treat~" he winks at me, motioning to the machine. i smile and point at a random snack. he buys it and hands it to me.

"consider it an apology for beating you at mario kart." he chuckles as he sees me scoff.

"you did not beat me! i was in second place, it doesn't count!" i bite my snack angrily, looking away from him. he laughs again.

"it counts!"

"whatever, you just got lucky."

"that is my talent after all~"

i sigh, finishing my snack and throwing the wrapper away.

"BOYS- y'all better not be doing weird shit together..." kazuichi suddenly runs up to us, with a plushie in his arms. "anyway. look! fuyuhiko got this for me, isn't he cute?"

i rolled my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest. "adorable."

"you're just jealous you don't have a plushie!" kazuichi turned his head, "i think i'll name him... reginald!"

"that's a terrible name." i say, staring at his plushie.

"SHUT UP he's my son and i love him." and with that he runs off, leaving nagito and i alone again.

"i could get you a plushie, hajime!" nagito suddenly speaks up, smiling at me. grabbing some coins from his pocket, he looks over at the claw machine.

"huh—? oh no i really don't need one.."

"nonsense you're getting a plushie."

. . .

"nagito you've been trying for 20 minutes, give it a rest." i sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"nope! i'm gonna get it this time, i can feel it!" he sticks out his tongue, inserting another coin into the machine. he huffed, trying his best to get a plushie.

out of the corner of my eye, i see chiaki smiling up at peko. i felt kinda bad, im her boyfriend but i haven't been hanging out with her as much..

"BINGO!" i was snapped out of my thoughts when i heard nagito yell. my eyes widened in shock, i didn't think he could actually get a plushie!

"for you! what will you name him?" he smiled at me, a closed eye smile. pushing the plushie towards my chest.

i took it in my arms carefully, as if it were alive. "hmm..." i was actually giving this thought.

"i know!" nagito interrupted my thinking, "hajime jr!"

"absolutely not."

"but he's your son!" you could practically hear the frown in his voice.

"im not naming him hajime jr." i rolled my eyes at him.

"how about hinata?"

"that's literally just my last name!"

. . .

"what'd you do today?" chiaki hummed, staring up from her game.

"oh i hung out with nagito, he gave me this plushie!" i showed her the penguin plushie he gave me. she giggled, shaking her head.

"whats his name?"

"orange."

"huh-"

orange will return.
( didn't check spelling errors )