27 - epilogue

hajimes pov

i sit in the passenger seat as i look out the window, seeing nothing but tall trees. its around 10 in the morning, we were supposed to get up earlier but there was a minor setback...

"5 more minutes, yeah?" nagito groggily says, turned away from me as i hug him from behind.

"nagito, it was literally your idea to get up so early." i respond, now moving to get up. he scoffs at the lack of warmth, clinging onto the blanket.

"don't care." he tries to hide under the blanket as i go over to open the curtains. i snicker at this, walking over to the bathroom. when i come back and notice he's still in bed, i throw the blanket off him.

"HAJIME."

i can hear him humming to a song as he drives, tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. "so where are we going?" i finally speak up.

"its a secret!"

i hum in response as i continue to stare at his hands. and as if he reads my thoughts, he holds my hand as he drives with the other. he looks straight at the road. i can't help but smile.

finally, we make it to our destination. but honestly all i can see is trees, like before. i see nothing different except for a small entrance in between a few trees. we walk for a while, in the middle of the trees until we're at the top of a hill.

"ah now that i think about it, this would've been nicer if we did it at night, y'know, to stargaze?" nagito huffs but nevertheless starts setting up food on top of a blanket.

he sits and pats the spot next to him. when i do sit he grabs my arm. "originally, i was going to invite you over here and ask you to be my boyfriend but you ruined it!"

"ruined it by.. confessing my love to you?" i chuckle when he rolls his eyes but nods. "sorry." i reply sarcastically.

"it was supposed to be romantic."

"i think it was sweet." i shrug, "stop complaining."

"im not complaining im just saying, i had a plan." he says proudly, moving to lay on my lap. "so this is what all the snacks were for?" i ask before moving my hand to play with his hair with one hand. the other hand is behind me, supporting my weight.

"mhm." he closes his eyes as i do, seemingly enjoying it. "it was super obvious, you're just kinda oblivious."

"no, im not."

"you totally are." i don't feel like arguing with him so i just scoff. leaning down to kiss his forehead, he smiles. "don't get grumpy with me so early on in the relationship."

"well, you technically haven't asked me to be your boyfriend." i say, which is true. but also i could've asked him at any moment. for some reason, i want him to ask me.

"ah well. be mine?" is all he says, now opening his eyes and looking up at me. he reaches to caress my cheek again, something tells me he enjoys the gesture. and as i stare down at him lovingly all i can reply with is,

"all yours."

i never did expect to end up dating nagito komaeda. when we first met, i was already falling for chiaki. and we were never as close as i was with the others like kazuichi, so i assumed nothing would blossom between us also because well, i didn't expect to break up with chiaki. that's another thing, chiaki nanami was the best girlfriend i could ever ask for and truthfully without her, i wouldn't be where i am now. chiaki is the past but i have a feeling that nagito is the present and the future.

an abrupt ending, i know. i am shit at ending books and i admit it. oh but please stay tuned! i have two(?) bonus chapters in mind. also i'll be writing more books, these include but are not limited to;
denial — sakuraoi (already in the works)
frustrating — ishimondo
??? — soniaki (* not sure how to title it yet, not sure if i'll even make it.)
that is all for now, bye!
[not proof read]