23

chapter 22 from nagitos pov

he looks so peaceful, i almost don't want to wake him. but unfortunately, it is a school day. with a sad sigh, my hand rests in his hair. "hajimeee" i say, not too loudly, i don't want to startle him. but he ignores me, so i call again.

as he cuddles closer into my chest i groan. "we're going to be late for school." i speak softly, scratching his head with my hand. he scoffs and i chuckle.

he's adorable. i wish i could stay here all day with him. spending time with hajime has always been my favorite, since i've liked him for so long. im not obsessed, its just hard to get over the guy. he's surprisingly charming with his constant sarcasm and deadpan.

"pillows aren't supposed to laugh." he mumbles and hugs me closer. i hear him hum and i assume he's about to sleep again. i try to suppress another laugh.

"hajime. im not a pillow." its such a funny sentence to say. if heard out of context, anyone would be confused. really, its hard not to laugh.

"thats what they all say." they? does he talk to his pillows often? dammit hajime, stop unintentionally charming me with your cuteness.

oh but he opens his eyes this time, seemingly awake now. he looks confused, embarrassed even. he blinks up at me and all i do is smile back at him reassuringly.

im literally in love with you. no need to panic. oh never-mind, he's panicking.

he blinks three times at me before muttering an "oh my god". it's too funny not to laugh at, so i do while covering my mouth. i don't mean to mock him or anything. i move to caress his cheek without thinking. surely he considers it romantic... i hope.

"good morning." i greet him. his eyes are wide, his mouth is open in shock. and then he rolls off of me, literally, right on the ground.

"i am... so sorry. how did i-"

"i woke up after a while and realized your back was probably killing you. so i moved you." i explain as i sit up, then stretching as a yawn escapes through my mouth. "i think we're late."

i know we're late. but honestly i'd rater stay here with you all day.

he nods before getting up. he moves to get me a toothbrush and clothes as he gets ready. which gives me time to think.

does hajime even like me? i shouldn't be so affectionate without being sure.. what if im making him uncomfortable? thats the last thing i want. is it too much to ask for a relationship with him? sweet and slow. i hope it lasts.

enough with the daydreaming, nagito.

time passes and we're both ready. we skip breakfast and walk towards school together, though the walk was silent for a while.

i miss him but he's right next to me. am i being weird? every time our hands brush against the other my heart beat quickens. i just want to hold his hands — hold him even. oh, here's a better one; hold him while im holding his hand. anyway, i need to say something.

"the movie was nice, wasn't it?" was all i could say. i wanted to say more but... does he realize how intimidating he is without meaning to be? it took me the longest time to say just that.

he nods, not once sparing me a glance. "it was cool." thanks, hajime. you're not helping at all. how can a man be so... weird. the same thing happened in the ferris wheel, then he ghosted me for days. it's frustrating to be in love with him.

nevertheless, i don't give up. "we didn't get to finish it." please say yes. let me show you how i feel and don't push me away. am i shaking? i think i am. im nervous, he makes me ridiculously nervous but he can't know that... i hope he doesn't.

and then he smiles... and chuckles? im so confused.

"what's funny?" i hold his hand in a moment of confidence. he squeezes it back with a smirk.

a smirk, oh god.

"if you want to spend time with me, just say it."

is that a yes? can we watch the movie together again?

"i do want to spend time with you." the blush on my cheeks gives away my nervousness, but i ignore it no matter how frustrating. we come to a stop — well i stop and he follows.

"is there something wrong with that?" i add. i obviously can't let him win. i even lean closer to him as my heart is practically exploding. and he dares to pull my hand so im even closer now. i tilt my head, leaning and leaning...

"we're late for school, nagito."

oh it is on, hajime hinata.

"so the movie.. after school today?" i still need confirmation. and when he nods i can't help but grin.

"have a nice day!"

"mhm, you too."

ah.. so he does like me back.

decided to try something different, since you've all haven't seen nagito's pov yet. spoiler alert; he is also a nervous wreck.
apologies if 22 & 23 have erros, i am incredibly sleepy but also very bored so i decided to write.