Chapter 12 - A Rope and a Chasm

Dae-eun and her fellow Players were led through the colourful stairway room again.
She took note that they were led to in a different direction and into a brand new room.
Looks like the trend continues

This room was perhaps even more odd than the room they had just left.
It was solid white.

A rather large expanse of space, completely white and shiny.
Like clean marble, but without cracks in the stone.
The surfaces of the room were hard to look at for long periods of time.

"Players. Welcome to the third game. For this game, you will play in teams. All Players, please divide yourself into teams of ten people. Your time limit will be ten minutes. Ten minutes."

The woman over the PA repeated the instructions as Dae-eun and her group finished descending the short flight of stairs and stepped into the main portion of the room.
Dae-eun counted herself lucky that she had teamed up already.
Now it's just a case of bringing in more people.

"Something with teams of ten Players. So maybe it's Tail Tag or 'Why Did You Come To My House?" Gi-hun and Sang-woo were already speculating.
Though so was the pink-streak-haired girl.
Albeit in silence and solitude.

Ten people
Team game
There's a lot of team games, and not just Korean ones are up for debate.

She thought for a while before hearing a choice sentence from Sang-woo.

"Our team already has two girls and an older guy, I'm thinking we'd better get more men first."
"But what if they make us play Gonggi or Elastics? Then what? Girls are typically better at that-?"
"That's true, but when it really comes down to it, usually men are better." Sang-woo cut Gi-hun off.

"I, for once, agree with Sang-woo." Dae-Eun spoke up.
"Albeit that last phrase sounds sexist- We're betting on our lives, here. And, it's a team game with physical strength as the main challenge, men are physiologically built stronger."

She turned to Gi-hun.
"We need four more men."
He was silent for a moment before nodding.

"I say four of us should bring back one guy each." Sang-woo suggested.
"Alright, who should go?" Gi-hun asked.
Dae-eun watched Sang-woo's eyes as he processed the question.

To the floor.
To Gi-hun.
To me... why is he studying me the longest?

"You four go. Me and Dae-eun will stay here." He suggested.
The group agreed before 225 could process it and they went their separate ways.
The two were alone, and Dae-eun wouldn't lie to say she was nervous about why he had suggested to stay back with her.

"So, what do you think the game is?" Sang-woo asked.
The girl thought for a moment before responding. "Not completely sure, but I have a few ideas."
"Go on?" He prompted.

"Teams of ten. Team games require teamwork and cooperation in order to win. I also suspect if we go up against other teams, if they lose, so does the entire team."
"Alright, what about the game?" He continued.
"A lot of choices, whether they choose one that's chiefly Korean or of another country's origin makes it harder to guess."

"See anything in the bathroom this morning?"
His question caused her to freeze, and perhaps a few strands of her hair to turn grey quicker.
"Huh?" She asked, turning back to him in a flash. "What are you asking?"

"I'm asking if there was any clues in the bathroom. Sae-byeok found something from the second game there, I was wondering if you had similar luck."
She realised.

He doesn't know that I know two of the guards.
He doesn't know about the note Jin-sun gave me, or that I helped Jun-ho sneak in.
He knows nothing that he shouldn't know.