Chapter 20 - Tuxedos And Stab-Wounds

The guards lead them back from the Game, Gi-hun and Sae-byeok clutching their injuries.
Dae-eun walked behind them, noticing fat drops of blood staining the stairs as they descended.
Sae-byeok was bleeding, heavily.

Gi-hun's injury would likely heal on its own with it being a straight laceration on his arm.
But Sae-byeok's needed proper medical attention, like- hospital grade.
The glass shard was still in her, and there's no way she could remove it without bleeding out considering where it was.

Dae-eun sighed.
I have a strong feeling she'll die of blood loss.
Whether that's during the next Game or during our time in the dorm, either way.

I doubt she's going to make it.

...

They arrived back at the dorms, their eyes now present to a haunting sight.
Only four beds remained, pushed against the walls where hundreds of bunks once stood.
She turned to the walls, and almost gasped out loud.

So that's what I saw on the first day...
There were illustrations on the walls of people playing the games.
Red Light, Green Light, Honeycomb, all the way up to Glass Stepping Stones.

There was one more illustration that Dae-eun didn't recognise.
But then she stopped, the realisation hit her like a ton of bricks.
This is the last game! But- what is it? I've never even seen a game that looks like this...

Dae-eun turned to see Gi-hun eying her, then the wall.
He seemed to ponder it for a moment before turning around to go to Sang-woo.
Right! Sang-woo! That bastard!

Dae-eun ran up beside Gi-hun as he made his way over, giving her a sideways glance before pulling Sang-woo over by his collar.
"Why'd you do that?" He asked in a whisper-like tone, edged with aggression.
Sang-woo glanced at the white-haired girl, then worked his jaw.

"What did you expect?" He asked with a blank expression.
"Why go up and push that guy?" Gi-hun asked.
Sang-woo scoffed, like he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You got lucky waiting in the back of the line. Must have forgotten how things are here. That guy wasted so much of our time on that tile, he deserved to die." He reasoned.
Dae-eun gave him a disbelieving expression, brow raised, lips parted.
"Excuse you?" She asked.

"What?" Sang-woo countered, turning back to her.
"You killed him because he took a while to decide? It's a life-or-death choice, Sang-woo!" She shouted.
"And you..." He began, turning towards her. "If you're so clever, then why didn't you do your plan earlier?"

Dae-eun furrowed her brow. "Because I have sense! Not only did I not know if it would work, there were over a dozen people ahead of me that could've pushed me!"
"So you just let them die...So does that make you better, somehow?" Sang-woo asked.
Dae-eun walked closer to him, standing on her tip toes only brought her to his chin-level.

"Are you trying to threaten me?" He asked.
"Aaugh!" Sang-woo shouted as he crumpled to the floor, clutching his crotch.
Dae-eun raised her foot again, kicking him in his side.

"You killed a man when you didn't need to." She kicked him again.
"You chose Ali for Marbles because you knew you could win against him if it came down to it." And again.
"You told us to split up during Honeycomb in the hopes we'd choose wrong and die." And again.