Halloween Special

Hey, I know this is late, but I had already written it.  Note that while I wrote this, I was barely awake and slightly insane from exhaustion.

"Oh, I don't think so."

Wait, who ar- OH, FUCK NO!!!

"Okay, he's taken care of for now. C'mon, kids. You all are Popo's playthings now. We're gonna have some fun."

Before the next episode was played, the screen suddenly began to glitch, static beginning to overtake everything.

"Um, what's happening?" Bulma asked.

"Whis, is the damn video working?" Beerus grumbled.

"Hmm... Strange," Whis admitted. "I didn't think it was possible for this thing to malfunction. Perhaps we should contact the Omni-King-"

Suddenly, the screen begins playing normally again, as if nothing happened. It started with an all-black screen

Mr. Popo (voice only): Congratulations, maggots! You're almost at the end of the first season! So we've got a special gift for you. A Halloween Special, just for you!

"What the-" Goku blinked. "It's not even Halloween."

"This is weird," Gohan agreed.

"What is Halloween?" Beerus asked annoyed.

Trunks and Goten lit up at the mention of one of their favorite holidays. "It's the best!" Goten beamed. "You get to dress up in costumes and people give you candy!"

"PEOPLE GIVE YOU CANDY!" Beerus exclaimed. "What's the catch?"

Trunks had a mischievous face. "If they don't give you candy, you get to play a trick on them!"

Beerus grinned a Grinch-like smile. "Sounds like my kind of holiday!" Energy balls of pure destruction ki appeared around him. "You Earthlings really do know how to have a good time. Whis! Try to wake me for whenever this Halloween comes by!"

Whis was grinning even more so than usual in anticipation. "But, my lord, what if you simply won't wake up? Should I simply have the candy for my-"

"Nice try, Whis," Beerus interrupted. "If I'm unavailable, you will gather as much candy as possible and leave me 75%."

Whis looked outraged. "That's oppression! I won't stand for it!"

Bulma sighed. "Before you two get into an argument, can we just watch the video? Halloween is still a long time from now."

Beerus ignored the glare Whis was giving him. "Fine by me. I want to learn more about this holiday."

The screen returns to static until it fades, revealing a homemade video from an old video camera. It showed a smiling Dr. Briefs with a cigarette in his mouth.

"Dad," Bulma asked in surprise.

Dr. Briefs: Hello, there! I'm Dr. Briefs. And this is Halloween [ ]-

Everyone gripped their ears in pain.

"What did he say?" Tien asked. "I heard '08.'"

"I heard '21,'" Frieza replied.

"That was annoying," Beerus grunted. "I hope that's the last time that happens."

Dr. Briefs: -at the Briefs house!

More static, the scene changing to a picture of Goku in a familiar straw hat.

"Wait, Goku, what's with the hat?" Krillin asked. "That your costume?"