8. You're My Comfort

Caspian's POV
All of a sudden I get woken up by a scream and I realize it's Adley. I run as fast as I can to her room and Magnus and Alec come sprinting in.

"What's happening is she ok?" I ask them and Magnus checks on her.

"Adley, wake up, hey it's ok. Adley, Ad's, can you hear me?!" Magnus starts yelling at her and her scream starts to get screechy. "I have some scents that might wake her." Magnus suggests and runs to get them. He puts it straight to her nose and she wakes up in a loud gasp and is shaking. All she does is stare at the wall.

"Adley, it's ok now, you're safe." Alec helps relax her as he walks beside her. He touches her arm and she flinches so big. "Hey, it's ok, it's just me. No one's going to hurt you." Alec promises her and she doesn't say anything but continues to shake. Alec hugs her tight and she hugs him back and Magnus and I just look at each other worried. Brea comes in worried

"What's going on?" She asks in a cute voice and Magnus bends down to her. "It's ok Angel, just go back to bed ok." He tells her "Ok" She carries on and goes back to bed. When Alec and Adley stop hugging she takes a deep breath and I sit beside her and put my hand on her leg.

"How do you feel?" I ask her "Back to myself, I don't know what happened it just came out of nowhere, like I couldn't control it. I'm so sorry for scaring you guys like that." Adley apologizes so kindly

"No no, it's ok, it wasn't you. It's just the aftermath of what you've been through. It will go away but not for a while. Next time try breathing through it slowly and calmly. Ok" Magnus explains to her and she shakes her head yes and I can tell she's holding back her tears.

"You're safe Adley, we promise." Alec tells her and she smiles at him and Adley quickly looks at me. "We'll let you two talk." He says to us and kisses Adley's forehead and they both leave us alone. I hold her tight and she does the same and I also rub her back slowly.

"Stay with me?" Adley asks me and right before I reply Alec comes running in. "Nope" He tells us as an answer and Magnus intervenes.

"Alexander, with what she just went through I think it's comforting for her for him to stay the night with her. Ok" Thank you Magnus and Alec gives me a death stare.

"Fine but if you hurt my niece you're..." He tries to threaten me but I interrupt him. "I know, I'm dead" I finish for him and he just glares at me.

"Goodnight" He's actually letting me stay. "Night" We both say and he slowly closes the door. I get under the covers with Adley and she puts her head on my chest and I wrap my arm around her. This is the first time we're sleeping together and my heart is pounding now. I rub her side and her breathing starts to relax now.

"Feeling better?" I ask her "A little, thank you for staying. I really appreciate it" Adley thanks me "Of course my Angel" I tell her and now I get to kiss her forehead. "Just breathe slowly and you'll be asleep in no time. Love you" I help her "Love you too" She says back and we kiss goodnight as I turn off the lamp. While falling asleep I just rub her arm and Adley cozies her head up to my neck. My angel looks so peaceful now. So glad that scare is over, it made my heart drop when I heard her scream. Adley's ok now, she's with me. So I know she's ok now.

Awe, what a cute moment. Sorry it took so long for them to do this. Poor Adley though, sounds terrifying. ❤️