12. Girls Can Fight

Adley's POV
Aunt Izzy and I are talking and uncle Alec comes running in.

"Izzy we have a very important mission and no it's nothing with demons. Adley if you're feeling better and up for it we need you too." Uncle Alec offers and I have been feeling much better and it has been 4 days now.

"Yeah, I'm feeling fine now. I'll come along" I tell him and he catches us up.

"Ok so apparently some guys have worked with, Octavius before and we need to get more information about him. Where's Caspian because he can come too?" Uncle Alec asks me

"He doesn't want to get involved in anything to do with Octavius." I tell him and he really doesn't. Caspian has told me that multiple times.

"Ok than it's just us three. We need to go now." He tells us and we run fast with no gear because we're just talking, maybe some physical fighting but we don't always need weapons with that.

When we get there it's basically a boxing place except without the ring. It's literally just a huge garage with a bunch of big guys here. Uncle Alec goes to one of the biggest guys and taps his shoulder and he turns around.

"Yes?" Woah, deep voice "Have you or have you not worked with Octavius Lovegood before?" Uncle Alec just goes straight to the point.

"Yes, why are you asking Shadowhunter?" What's with the insult, he's one too.

"We need to get to know more about Octavius. Now" Uncle Alec demands and the guy looks at aunt Izzy and I.

"I'll tell you my secrets. Only if I have a go at your girls?" Aunt Izzy and I look at each other and uncle Alec looks at us worried than looks back at him.

"No way big guy" He tells him "Fine, good luck with that mission than." The guy says and I go to uncle Alec and turn him to face me.

"We'll be fine, plus we need him for Caspian as well. For his safety, we need too." I remind him and he sighs.

"Fine but you better not get hurt." Uncle Alec tells me off. "I know what I'm doing. Besides you guys have trained me well enough to fight anyone." I remind him and he nods proudly than turns back at the guy.

"Fine but if you hurt them I will kill you." Uncle Alec threatens him

"I'll go with the hot one first. Have the child watch what she's up against." Excuse me, aunt Izzy takes off her leather jacket and I hold it for her. She goes up on the stage with him and uncle Alec and I look at each other.

"Do we really have to guess who's going to win here?" The guy messes with her.

"Well here's what a real woman can do." Aunt Izzy warns him and does all her kick tricks she has taught me.

"Shouldn't have second guessed her." I tell uncle Alec "Nope, he really shouldn't have." He agrees and aunt Izzy kicks him in shoulder blades. "Ooh" Uncle Alec and I both say at the same time. I swear you could hear the crack. She digs her boot heel in his back and he has trouble getting up but he keeps trying. He's able to flip her by her other ankle and she goes down but gets up fast. She continues kicking his stomach and sides and than right at the hip, which makes him go down again. After a while we realize he gives up.

"How was that for a woman." Aunt Izzy tells him and uncle Alec and I smile proudly at her. The guy gets off the stage and Izzy says, "Good luck to the next guy who goes up against my niece. I taught her all of that by the way." Aunt Izzy fires me up and I go to the stage and she comes up to me while putting her hand on my shoulder.

"You got this, just remember everything I've taught you, ok." Aunt Izzy advises me and I nod at her with a smile. A guy a bit smaller but not by much comes up and laughs.

"Oh this is going to be to easy little child." What did he call me? "Uh oh" I hear uncle Alec say.

"You'll be surprised what a small women can do when she's been taught well." I warn him and he comes at me but I grab his arm and twist it behind him and pull his back up. "My aunt over there taught me that move by the way." I tell him quickly and I push my hand on the back of his head and hit him on the poll of the stage.

"Oooh, ouch" I hear aunt Izzy and uncle Alec say. "Come on man, get up she's a kid!" I hear someone say and that gives me more power. I kick his neck and his hip which makes him go down more. He gets up and turns around to breathe but I kick his back hard and he goes down again and doesn't get up for a long time. Which means I won, so I go down to his face and tell him.

"Told you I was taught well." I wink and go back to aunt Izzy and uncle Alec and they hug me proudly.

"We're so proud of you!" Aunt Izzy tells me and I smile big.

"That was truly incredible Adley. Well done" Uncle Alec says

"Well I did learn from the best." I tell them and aunt Izzy hugs me tight and the guy who knows Octavius finally gets up and comes to us.

"Now tell us about Octavius." Uncle Alec demands and the guy sighs.

"Ok fine, he wants Caspian back of course and he wants to kill Adley. He will do that to make you guys weak so he'll have more time to get an army." He tells us and we all look at each other.

"Thank you" Uncle Alec says and we quickly go back to the Institute. We get everyone at the main area and tell them what we know.

"So Octavius wants Caspian back." Uncle Alec starts with and I hold Caspian's hand when I see him look scared. I look at him to let him know he's safe and he smiles at me. "He also wants, to kill Adley." Uncle Alec slowly says and mom and dad look at me scared and so does everyone else.

"What, why?" Caspian says "Probably because he doesn't like the fact that she was able to save you from him. That's just a guess" Uncle Alec says and it's probably true. Caspian looks at me straight in the eyes and holds my hands tight.

"I won't let anything happen to you. I promise" I love him so much. He holds me tight and I do the same while looking at my family. Will life ever get easier?

How bad ass was that chapter. Also this is inspired by Shadowhunters show on Netflix season 2, episode 2 when Izzy fights the big guys. ❤️