13. Part of The Job

Adley's POV
While I'm in my room painting, uncle Alec comes running in.

"Adley I need you for a special mission. No one else is available." Uncle Alec informs me

"Gee thanks, so I'm last choice." I joke and he looks at me annoyed. "I'm just kidding, I'll come." I tell him and put the paint brushes down and we end up at someone's mansion.

"Who's place is this?" I ask him "Altar Minks, we need to convince him to let us use a weapon of his that we don't have. Some Shadowhunters need it for a mission." Uncle Alec explains and he rings the doorbell and we wait.

"So are you sure you're feeling better? Nothing feels off?" Uncle Alec asks me

"Yeah, I feel completely healed. You guys have nothing to worry about. I promise if anything does happen again I will come to you guys." I tell him honestly and he smiles at me and I'm assuming Altar Minks opens the door.

"Well if it isn't Alec Lightwood. Who are you?" Altar asks me

"Adley Herondale, Jace Herondale and Clary Fairchild's daughter." I introduce myself and he looks up and down at me.

"You do look incredibly like your mother. So what are you two doing here exactly?" He questions us

"We need a weapon of your's. It's your most powerful one yet." Uncle Alec lightly explains and Altar knows exactly which one it is right away.

"But of course, come in." He lets us in and the place is huge. You basically almost fall over trying to look at the ceiling because it's so high up. Everything is red and he has a bunch of weapons around.

"You have a beautiful home." Uncle Alec compliments him "Truly, it's marvellous" I agree and Altar smiles proudly.

"Thank you, here's the weapon." He grabs the sword and it's one of the biggest one's I have ever seen. "Before I can give it to you though, let's chat shall we. Take a seat, I'll get us some drinks. Water of course for the young lady." Altar tells us and we sit down on his couch. When he leaves for the kitchen we talk.

"How much do we have to kiss up to him just to get a sword?" I whisper to uncle Alec so Altar doesn't hear me.

"Don't worry, we'll get it. We just need to get on his good side first." Uncle Alec looks at me like I won't be able to.

"What's that look for?" I ask him "Well you're too much like your father. Sometimes you don't always get along with people right away. Just talk to him like you would with us." Uncle Alec tells me and I roll my eyes.

"Gee thanks for that" I say and he nods at me. Altar comes back with the drinks and I try my best to relax and stay calm.

"So Ms. Herondale, I heard your best friend Josh, who used to be a mundane is now a vampire. How's he handling that?" Does everyone know about that?

"He's handling it, I'm helping him through it. So is my uncle Simon who is also a vampire." I explain

"You've had quite an interesting life haven't you? You're mother growing up as a mundane and your father growing up as a shadowhunter. I'm assuming people judge you right before you fight them, right?" Damn, thanks Altar