9. I Know You

Adley's POV
I decided to wake up around 5:30 am so I could have more time to train. As I'm working on my flips I hear someone coming in and it's uncle Alec so I stop for a bit. I decide to put my red hair back in a ponytail because it keeps going in my face. Before I talk to uncle Alec I catch my breath.

"Wow, you're really working hard Adley. Trying to get some distraction?" He knows me too well.

"Yeah, just a bit" I tell him "Want a training buddy?" Uncle Alec offers and I smile. "Sure, it might be fun beating my own uncle to the ground." I mess with him

"Oh, you really think you can? I've been doing this a lot longer than you which means I know more tricks up my sleeve than you do." Uncle Alec one ups me and I smile at him and face away from him and flip over him while straightening my back. When I get back down on the ground I flick his sword out of his hand with my sword and he looks at me shocked.

"Not bad, you've gotten much better at that." Uncle Alec encourages me and goes to get his weapon and we just start clanging our swords together back and forth. The sweat starts to come down harder on me and so does my breath. I got this though, I'm a Shadowhunter after all. He's about to jab me in the side with his sword but I back away quickly. "Smooth" He acknowledges me and as we continue training I see Josh coming to the side of the training stage.

"Hey Ad's, you wanna get some food when you're done?" Josh asks me while I train. "Sure" I reply quick and uncle Alec pretends to put his sword to my neck but I put mine against his and push his away.

"Nice reflex" Uncle Alec says and I put my sword under his which tips it off his hands and I catch his sword.

"That's my bad ass best friend! Nice work" Josh proudly says "Thank you" I tell him while bowing at him which makes me get too cocky because I focus on Josh more and it gets uncle Alec to grab both swords.

"Now what are you going to do? Pay attention next time" Uncle Alec tells me and gives me my sword back. We keep continuing training for another 15 minutes and Josh is just loving watching me train. He keeps encouraging me and making fun of uncle Alec which makes me laugh because uncle Alec digs back at him every time. When we stop uncle Alec and I hug and take breaths.

"You are getting so much better. You've grown into a really smart shadowhunter. I'm proud of you Adley." Uncle Alec compliments me and I smile.

"Thank you, that means a lot. You have also trained me extremely well though. I give you all the credit for all of my hard work." I tell him honestly and it's so true. I wouldn't be the person I am today without my family. "Thanks kiddo, go have fun you've earned it." I look at him shocked.

"You of all people are telling me to have fun?" I question him while pointing my sword at him. "I know crazy, go" He allows me and I hug him and he hugs me back. "Thank you for today, I needed it." I thank him "You're welcome" Uncle Alec replies

"So Java Jones?" Josh asks "Duh! Where else, just let me shower first. I stink" I tell him "Duh! There is no way I would let my best friend embarrass herself." Josh jokes and I hit him in the arm slightly and run to shower.

Josh's POV
As I wait for Adley, Alec and I just stand awkwardly and I smile at him but he doesn't look at me.

"Hey, actually Josh can you just watch her close up? She's still not fully healed after her demon situation." Alec asks me

"Yeah of course, what happened?" I ask worried and my heart races because I hate hearing anything scary or horrible happening to Adley.

"She screamed so loud in her sleep while Magnus and I were watching over her. The demon really got to her and it scared her really badly. That's the main reason why we were training just now. Just try your best to notice her hiding her feelings. She may act brave but she's terrified in the inside. You know Adley" Alec advises me

"I do, very well, I will. I think I'm pretty good at detecting when something's wrong with my best friend." I say to him

"Good thank you, if anything happens call any of us immediately. Please" Alec tells me and he looks really worried.

"I promise I will" I assure him "Thank you" He says in a breath.

After a while Adley comes back and man she looks so beautiful. She has blue jeans with knee high brown tied boots, with a grey shirt. Her hair is also curled. She's my best friend. She hugs Alec and tells him.

"Thank you for helping me train. I really needed that" Adley kindly thanks him "Anytime kiddo" He says and rubs her head. When she gets back to me we link arms as usual. I hope I can see my best friends true feelings, if not I'll feel like I'm a fake friend and I am not. Adley is special to me and I just don't want to see her hurting. It hurts me

Seems like training with Alec helped Adley a bit for distraction. Will hanging out with her best friend Josh help? Or will something happen? ❤️