𝙰 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎.

What a story it is!

A tragic tale of friendship and a murder most foul..

"I don't know, Jules. I just feel like there's something he's not telling me..it's like he's afraid." I said, glancing at my phone.

"Well, have you talked to him about it?"

"You know how he is, he sucks at talking about feelings." I said, swatting away a paper airplane that Derek had thrown at me.

"It's alright, he'll tell me on his own..eventually."

I flinched after hearing a loud shriek. "What the hell was that?!" Jules yelled on the other side of the phone.

"It was Cora, she saw a butterfly."

"She shrieked that loud over a damn butterfly?"

"She's terrified of them, J." I mumbled, yawning.

"Peter keep you up all night again?" Jules teased.

"I wish, but no. It's Nadia, she keeps kicking my stomach when I try to sleep."

"Ah! There you are!" Laura said, walking into the nursery room. "Please tell me you're mother is here."

Laura laughed. "She is, I just wanted to check on you." The she-wolf grinned. "How's my cousin?"

I smiled fondly as Laura put her ear on my stomach.

"She's fine."

"Derek, Cora! C'mon, mom's here!"

After a few minutes, two pairs of feet could be heard thudding against the wooden floor.

"Goodnight, Aunt Z!" Derek said, kissing me on the forehead. "Goodnight, Nadi." Derek said softly, putting a hand on my stomach.

"Goodnight, gummy bear." I said softly.

"Super-aunt! Don't be afraid, Uncle Peter will be here soon." Cora said, walking up to me.

I laughed at the nickname before picking her up and tickling her. "Goodnight troublemaker." I smiled.

"See you later, Zeze." Laura chuckled.

"Ayo? You still there?" Jules said.

"Yeah, my bad. I was saying goodnight to my nieces and nephew." I said, messing with the yellow-gold vintage ring on my finger.

"Juliana, I'm pretty tired so I'll talk to you later."

"Alright, goodnight."

"Night." I said, ending the call.

Hours later I woke up to Peter shaking me. "Hi honey, did you just get back?" I said groggily.

"We need to go to the hospital." He said, but it sounded rushed. "Why? I don't feel-"