𝚆𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚎𝚊𝚍

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask, briefly glancing at my husband before looking back at the dark road.

Peter scoffed. "Why didn't you tell me then?!"

"Please, not now." He said.

"Let's just focus on finding Cora."

"How can I focus on that now when you just told me you had a kid with my only friend?!" I asked.

I tightened my grip on the steering wheel.

"How could you?! I gave up everything for you! I defended your name when my family said you were bad for me! Even when Talia said that I was too good for you!" I continued.

Peter looked at me apologetically. "Sorry." He said.

"Sorry? Oh, he's sorry!" I scoffed.

"Honestly, Zara? What do you want me to do?!"

I ignored him and continued looking around for Cora.

"What? You want me to apologize for cheating?! You basically forced me too!" He says.

I looked at him with wide eyes. "I forced you?"

"You ignored me and I got lonely-"

"I was recovering from the fact that I had a stillbirth!" I yell, my voice was increasing with every word. My foot pressed down on the gas and the car sped up.

"I should've known. I just knew you were hiding something from me!" I sobbed.

"That is the most dumbest excuse you've ever given me, by the way. You started seeing her after we got married!"

"Zara-"

"No, Peter! I want a divorce." I say. The car goes silent and Peter looks at me with a hurt expression.

"Zara."

"Since you were so ready to leave me for her, you can be with her!" I continued. "What about us?" He asks.

I wiped away the tears on my face. "There is no us."

"There never was."

"Okay."

"Don't you wanna know why it took so long to return it?" Scott asked.

"How much do you make at the animal clinic."

"Minimum wage."

"That's why. Everyone can be tempted, Scott. Even a true alpha." Derek said. "You're not angry?"

Scott looks directly at me. I kept my eyes trained on the bag full of cash in front of me though. "Is she..?"

Derek shakes his head, telling Scott not to talk to me.

"It's not even mine. It belongs to Peter." Derek answered. Scott looked at him in shock.

"Where's your money?"

"You're standing on it." Derek said.

"There's another vault?"

I wanted to laugh, really, I did, but I couldn't.

Ever since yesterday, I stopped being able to express myself.

Derek scoffed.

"No. I own the building and I have my own bank accounts, all the money from the vault was Peter's. I think we'd actually be better off if the rest never came back." Derek said, standing.