-prologue-

read for understanding !

Briar was never a people person. She stuck to a few friends, rarely talked to strangers, and was all around a shy girl. Although when she turned 15, something sparked. Her whole mindset changed. She talked to almost everyone, always had a good attitude, and tried to make everyone happy. Then at 16, she was arrested. Arrested for something as silly as helping a friend. Briar didn't hold her being arrested against anyone. Except for Thelonious Jaha, the commander of the Ark.
     Briar's father, Graham Whitlock, was floated when she was put in jail. He punched a guard when they grabbed her. He was just protecting his little girl! Bri's mother, Emily Whitlock, was devastated. She hated that her family was ripped apart over something so absurd!
     Briar's parents were honestly really good people. Emily, with her long dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and olive skin tone, is the most selfless person Briar has ever known. She would throw herself in front of a bullet for her family and friends. In addition to being compassionate, she's a nurse, so she gets to help people everyday. Graham had short brown hair, brown eyes, and an olive skin tone. He was very talkative and friendly. He knew almost everyone on the ark, a result of working in farming. However to protect his family, he would do anything.
     Briar Rose is a mix of them. With medium length light brown hair, hazel eyes, and olive skin complexion, she is effortlessly gorgeous. She is kind to everyone, that is if they are kind to her and those she cares about. Briar is intelligent, thanks to her mother, and she's loving and humorous, because of her father. However, she is tough and knows how to protect herself because of Bellamy Blake.
     Bellamy has been Bri's friend since they were little. Their mothers, Emily and Aurora, were friends throughout school. Bell taught Briar how to defend herself in case he wasn't there. Bellamy has a younger sister, Octavia, which is against the rules on the Ark, so Octavia was put in lockup along with Briar. Aurora was executed for it.

main characters :
briar whitlock - - sarah bolger

main characters :briar whitlock - - sarah bolger

bellamy blake - - bob morley

octavia blake - - marie avgeropoulos