twenty-one : the plan

We are set up for the plan. Lincoln has a knife held against my neck. We are going to scare Bellamy into coming up here, then I'm going to knock him out and Lincoln is going to leave.

I start yelling for Bellamy to help me. Not long after I start yelling, someone comes up the hatch, but it's not Bellamy. That makes this next part easier. I pick up the board and Lincoln releases me. I hit the guy over the head, making him go unconscious. I go down the hatch and Lincoln follows when I give him the okay. He gets out safely. I walk over to Octavia.

"Go outside the wall real quick. He wants to see you before he leaves." I say quietly. She smiles and walks off calmly.

Bellamy's POV

Clarke and I are walking around looking for the base Kane told us about.

"What did you do with Briar?" She asks me.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"She disappeared after talking to you earlier." She says.

"I locked her up in the upper level so she couldn't leave." I say and realize how bad it sounds.

"You are holding Briar hostage with the grounder?!" She says and stops walking. "Have you gone crazy?!" She yells.

"I did it to keep her safe. The grounder is chained up. Nothing is going to happen to her." I explain, trying to convince myself.

"Why do you even care if she goes back to the grounder place?" She asks.

"Because, they could be dangerous." I say and continue walking.

"Octavia said that Briar met someone. Is that the reason? Are you like in love with her?" She asks and I stop walking.

"No. Of course not. Briar has been one of my friends since we were little." I say and start walking again, my body going hot from embarrassment.

"Ok. If you think so." She says and walks ahead of me. I grab her wrist.

"It's none of your business anyway." I say sternly, and she smirks.

"You are totally in love with her." Clarke says as she looks at my face.

"I am not in love with Briar. Do not say another word about this." I demand and walk ahead of her.

We found the base and are looking around.

"You should tell her, Bellamy. Before she falls in love with a grounder." Clarke says from a different part of the shaft.

"Shut up Clarke." I yell and feel my blood boil at the thought of Briar falling in love with a grounder. An enemy grounder.

(a/n):
sry for such a short chapter, but i'm hoping that y'all are loving the story as much as i do! but i'm biased because i wrote it sooo... feedback would be nice lol. i kinda got tired of the story when i wrote it so it is very rushed towards the end (which i'm working on editing right now) so hopefully it isn't too bad once I post it all. love all of y'all! 🖤🤍