twenty-four : sickness

I wake up and Lexa is gone. She went to see what the explosion was. I walk outside of the hut.

"Boo!" Someone yells, and I scream.

"Callahan, I swear!" I turn to him and start walking to the kitchens.

"Where's Lexa?" He asks as we walk to get something to eat.

"She went to look at some kind of explosion we seen last night. I'm guessing she left around dawn. She should be back soon." I reply and we grab some food. We go sit down at a table.

"How are you?" He asks sympathetically.

"I'm better. I guess sleep helped some. I mean it obviously still hurts but you know." I say and start eating. We are having pork bacon and some berries.
Someone wraps their arms around me and sits down, running a hand through my tangled hair.

"Hi beautiful." She says and kisses my cheek. "How did you sleep?"

"Good, actually. What about you? Did you sleep any after seeing the explosion last night?" I ask her.

"Barely. Too worried I guess." She says and gets one of the berries from my plate.

"What was it?" I ask her and take a bite of my bacon.

"It was some kind of ship. Kind of like the one your people came in." She explains. "It was a mess. I barely even looked around. Then your people came to see it, so I hid and then left."

I stop chewing and look at her.

"Skaikru?" I ask and she nods.

"You should probably go see them today. Figure out what that thing is. I'm sure they want to see you anyways." She says and stands up.

"I'll see you when you come back, alright? I have a busy day today." She leans down and kisses me. "Be careful. Don't talk to any strange grounders."

"Hear that Cal? I'm not allowed to talk to you." I tease and he throws a berry at me. I laugh with Lexa.

"Are you bringing me halfway again?" I ask him.

"You're not allowed to speak to me. Get Fay or Alena to take you." He says and stands up. "Plus, I couldn't if I wanted to. I have training duty today."

"Okay. I'll figure something out." I say and stand up, too. I give my plate back to the cook and then walk over to where Fay and Alena are.

"Hey girls." I say, smiling.

"Hey Briar. You look so much better." Fay says, and Alena agrees.

"Thanks, but I need a favor. I don't know the whole way back to camp, so I'm hoping that one of you can bring me halfway." I put my hands together as if I'm begging them. "Please."

"I can't. I have a busy day today." Fay says with a frown.

"I'm free today. I can take you." Alena says with a small smile.

"Yeah, that's great. Let me grab a few things and then we can go." I say and walk away.

I gather up a few things. Then, I walk out and over to Alena.

"Ready?" She asks. I nod and we walk out of the guarded gate.

-
We get to halfway and she stops.

"Are you good from here?" She asks.

"Yeah. Thank you, Alena. I'll see you soon." I say and walk the rest of the way to camp.

When I get there, I walk straight in. I go into the dropship because that's where I figure everyone I know is. I see multiple people coughing as if they have a cold. I see Clarke, so I walk over.