five : adventures and not so fun other things

We walk into camp and the first person I see is Gavin. I roll my eyes and keep close to Bellamy.

"Bri! Briar! Briar Rose Whitlock!" Gavin is yelling, gathering the attention of everyone. I look at him with a death stare. He runs over. "You have to forgive me, Briar. Please."

"She doesn't have to do anything." Bellamy says while walking closer to Gavin.

"Back off, Blake. This is in between me and my girl." Gavin says trying to make himself look bigger than Bellamy.

"Your girl? Who, Julia?" I say without thinking.

"I- um, how do you know about that?" Gavin says turning red.

"Thanks for the tip, Bell" I say while Bellamy comes and stands back beside me.

"You're gonna regret that, Blake." Gavin threatens.

"No, Gavin, you're gonna regret what you did. We're done." I say. Gavin walks closer to me.

"We will be over when I say we are over."

He in standing right in front of me, looking down at me.

"She said that you're over. Back up" Bellamy puts his hand on Gavin and starts pushing him.

"That's not for you to decide. What are you now, her cousin?" Gavin says

"Siblings aren't allowed on the Ark, genius." Bellamy says.

"Well, I thought since you're a sibling that it runs in the Blake family line." Gavin laughs at his own insult.

"Haha. You're so funny, Gavin. Even though you know good and well that your mom-" He interrupts me.

"Briar. You promised." He says quietly.

"And when you get into a relationship with someone, you stay faithful to them. That's an unspoken promise."

"Whatever, just go be with Blake over here. The psycho guy with a psycho little sister and a psycho best friend." Gavin goes to turn around. Bellamy grabs him on the shirt.

"Say one more thing about anyone I care about, and I'll make sure you don't see daylight again." Bellamy threatens. He lets go of Gavin.

"Looks like you got a bodyguard, Briar. I'll get you back. Then Blake won't be in your life anymore." He walks off and Clarke, Octavia, Finn, and Monty back in. I walk over.

"Where's Jasper?"

"They took him." Clarke says going into the dropship.

"Who did?" Bellamy asks walking behind me.

"Whoever threw the dagger at him. My guess, Grounders." Monty replies.

"Hey, Tavia. Let me clean your leg. It doesn't need to get infected." I say while walking over to her.

"What happened?" Bellamy asks

"A huge snake thing bit me in a river. No big deal. I'm fine. What happened to you, Bri?" She motions to my leg.

"I tripped running back here. No big deal"

"God, y'all downplay everything. O, you could have drowned, and Bri, you could have bled out." Bellamy explains trying to get us to understand.
"But we didn't" Octavia says while pulling the homemade tourniquet off. Her wound has dried blood on it, but no infection.
I get the bucket of water and a piece of cloth. I wipe the dried blood off of her leg. She's wincing.

"Sorry, Tavia." I apologize.

"It's fine. Ow!" She winces again.

I finish cleaning it and wrap it up again. Bellamy walked out of the dropship a while ago.

I leave the dropship and look around for Bellamy. I see him standing with Wells, Murphy, and Clarke.

"Hey, where are you guys going?" I ask looking at everyone in the group.

"Going to find Jasper." Clarke answers.

"Can I come?" I ask looking at Bellamy.

"No, you need to stay here. We'll be fine." He says and calls Mbege over.

"Mbege, make sure no one touches her." He commands. Mbege nods.

"I don't need a bodyguard, Bellamy. I'm not 4." I say, rolling my eyes.

"But he is." He motions towards Gavin.

"Yeah, okay. Be careful. All of you." I look at all of them. They nod and walk off. I walk back into the dropship. I go up to the top level for some peace and quiet. I lay down and take a nap.

-

I wake up to people hollering outside of the dropship.

I walk out and over to Bellamy.

"Hey, you're back." I say standing next to him.

"Yeah, and we brought supper." He says motioning to a big animal cooking over a fire.

"Awesome. I'm starving." I say putting my hand over my stomach.

"We have one condition though. You have to take your wristband off before you can get any." He says looking down at me.

"What do these things even do?" I look down at it.

"It sends your vital signs to the Ark, so if you die, they will know." He explains. I give him my arm.

"Take it off." He pulls me over in front of the line of kids waiting and Mbege takes mine off. It hurts, but I don't show it.
Bellamy hands me a piece of meat on a stick.

"Thanks." I say while taking a bite of it.