twenty-three : unhealthy

I've been back in Tondc for about 2 days. I wake up in my new hammock and walk outside. I see Graham.

"Hey, want to go practice?" I ask and motion towards the pit.

"You practiced nearly all day yesterday. You need to take a break every now and then." He explains.

"Are you coming or not?" I ask walking to the pit.

~Later~

I am sparring with Callahan when I hear gunshots. I let my guard down and Callahan hits me in the side. I put my hand up.

"Did you hear that?" I ask

"Hear what?" He asks

"I heard gunshots. Only my people have guns. What if they are hurt?" I ramble on.

Lexa walks up.

"Hey. What's going on?" She asks.

"Briar thinks she heard gunshots." Callahan says

"I don't think. I did hear them. Lexa, only Skaikru has guns." I explain. She looks at me for a second.

"When was the last time you slept?" She asks, putting her hands on the sides of my face.

"I don't know." I shrug my shoulders.

"I understand that you're hurting, but you need to sleep. It's unhealthy, and fighting everyday is dangerous for your body." She explains. "Please go get some sleep." She says beggingly, so I go to the hut and get in my hammock.

It takes forever to slip unconscious.

~later~

I wake up on the verge of puking. I run over to the trash can that is in the corner of the room. As I curl over the bin, emesis leaves my body in a violent manner.

Someone, presumably Lexa, is holding my hair behind me and rubbing my back.

I finally lose the nauseating feeling and fall back against the wall. I wipe my mouth and sigh.

"I absolutely despise throwing up." I say and throw my head backwards.

"I'm sorry. Do you feel any better?" Lexa asks with sympathy.

"Meh. I feel like I've actually gotten some

sleep. How long did I sleep for?" I ask.

"About seventeen hours. It's around midnight now." She answers, looking out of a window. She jumps up and walks over to the window.

"What is it?" I ask and stand up slowly, walking over to stand behind her. I look out the window and then see a huge explosion. We both jump.

"What was that?" I ask, concern dripping out of my tone.

"I don't know, but I want to." She says and starts getting dressed.

"Lexa. You can't go right now. It's the middle of the night. You could get attacked." She continues so I walk over and grab her hands. "Please, wait until dawn." I plead.

"Okay, but as soon as the sun comes up, I'm gone." She says and starts taking her gear off.

"Thank you." I say. She tries to kiss me. I stop her.

"I just vomited." I say, my face turning red.

She grabs my face and kisses me.

"One day, I'll say this again. Through sickness and health." She says and then walks to her hammock.

"I'm going back to sleep. You need to do the same. Alright?" She says and gets in her hammock.

"Okay. Goodnight Lexa." I say and lay down in my hammock.