🏡🏡🏡🏡

"I'm sorry

"I'm sorry." Tae whispered as Mom pressed a wet cloth to his sweating forehead. His lips were chapped and he looked quite pale.
"For what?" Jimin asked.
"We just met and I asked you to not leave and stuff. I'm sorry."
Jimin shook his head and ran his fingers through Tae's hair.
"Don't be. I'm glad you told me.
And I understand. Don't be afraid.
I'm your friend."

Tae pulled away from Mom's hand and stared at Jimin deep in the eyes. "But are you? Are you my friend?"
Jimin nodded. "Yes."

Tears started to stream down Tae's cheeks. "My friend!"
"Shh, shh," Mom quickly hushed him. "Come on, let's get you laid down."
Mom took his arm and led him to the room.

Jimin went to enter the room but Mom pushed him back. "Don't, Jimin. Something's wrong with him."

A loud knock echoed at the door.
Jimin quickly ran over and swung open the door. "Where is he? Where's my baby bear?"
Jimin just stood there confused in front of the stressed woman.

"Oh my! Please, come in!" Mom said, ushering the woman.
"Where's Taehyung-ah?"
"He's resting. He got really sick."
The woman sighed and slumped into a chair. "I was so afraid. He forgot to take his pill this morning. What happened to him?"
"He threw up-" "There was blood in the bathroom!" Jimin blurted, worried about his new friend.

The woman turned to Jimin.
"H-he... Taehyung-ah's very sick.
He has been his whole life."
"What is it from?!" Jimin asked, frustrated.
"It's a blood disease. A bad one.
He should be okay, but...if he loses to much blood or it starts to fill his lungs..." The woman stopped, tears filling her eyes and she began to choke on her words. "He'll... he'll die!" She broke down and clutched a tissue, sobbing.

Mom hugged her but Jimin got up and ran to Tae's room. He felt the need to be close to him suddenly.
Entering the room he saw Tae fast asleep. He sat beside him quietly, and held his hand close to his chest. He kissed it lightly before looking up at his angelic face.
Slowly getting up he kissed Tae on the forehead and then the cheek.
He smiled to himself.

Suddenly Jimin looked down to see Tae's eyes wide open.
"Ahh!" Jimin gasped and fell back down into the chair, blushing hard. Tae just giggled though.
"Thanks for the kiss."
Jimin just got redder but he stuttered, "y-your welcome, I guess."

"Can I give you a kiss?" Tae pouted, teasingly. "No!" Jimin hid his face but Tae just laughed and placed his hands on the sides of Jimin's face, pressing his lips to his forehead and cheeks. "And...boop!" Tae teased pecking his nose.

Jimin laughed along but he was lost in Tae's eyes. "Why are you so sweet? Even when..." Jimin decided not to say anything but Tae just laid back down, sighed, and looked up at the ceiling.

"Even when I'm dying?"
"Don't say that! How could you say that?!" Jimin shouted.
Tae just looked over at him with sad eyes. "Jimin, I am dying. I know that, my family knows that...and you know that."
Jimin got up and looked out the window, angry.
"Aren't you afraid? Sad?"

Tae shook his head. "No. I don't have anything to live for."
Tae just shrugged but Jimin was hurt. "I won't let you! You can't die." Tae laughed again but it was a sad laugh before he grabbed Jimin's wrist and pulled him closer to the bedside. "I just want to see the beach." Tae's eyes got shiny from tears and Jimin got confused.

"What's so special about the beach?"
Tae stared into the distance and Jimin looked over at what he looked at. It was a picture of Tae, but another boy was beside him.
"My brother. He died there."
There was silence before he said,
"He killed himself."

"Is that why you...?" "Saved you on the roof? Yes. But I was there because I let those thoughts enter my mind. But when I thought of my lovely older brother, I couldn't. And when I saw you, I knew I had to stop you."

"Thank you."
The two just stared at each other, holding hands in silence before Jimin spoke. "You will see the beach, Tae. I promise."