• ten •

June 3rd

My body shifts as I slowly stir awake. The cotton sheets beneath me instantly remind me that I am in fact not sleeping in my own room in contrast from my regular satin sheets surrounding my body. I keep my eyes closed, not exactly sure if I actually want to open them and face the day yet. In all honesty I'm truly just dreading everything today will bring.

Everything that happened last night, whatever progress it may seem like Harry and I have made will stay within these walls and in the past, whereas now I'll have to go home to face reality where Mother and Father await.

Maybe I should just go back to sleep, I can push this off a little longer right?

No. Just get it over with Thea, just like ripping off a bandage.

The first step would be to turn around, get past the awkwardness of waking up next to Harry and move on. Pretend it never happened just like strangers would.

I slowly peel my eyes open, the light invading the room making it much more visible than it was last night. The walls are a dark bluish grey, raised rectangular panels decorating the walls giving it a more elegant look. There's a large window in front of me with black rimming and there's doesn't seem to be much furniture or anything else to decorate the room besides the natural architecture of the room itself. I don't dwell on the details of his room for long, as I begin to flip myself around with a deep sigh.

Prepared to be met with a probably sleeping Harry besides me, I'm instead met with an empty half of the bed, no remnants of warmth left from his body meaning he must have gotten up far before me. I honestly can't tell if I'm more disappointed or relieved at the fact that he's not next to me. I suppose I should look at this on the bright side, no awkward conversation and we can return to how things were prior to last night.

I peel myself off of the bed and make my way into his bathroom, entering its dark interior that seems to be cohesive throughout his whole room. I feel disgusting never having properly cleaned myself off last night. I look under the sink cabinets finding spare towels and taking the initiative to shower myself. Looking over his counter I find some spare hair ties he probably uses to keep his now longer hair out of his face and use one to bring my hair up into a high pony to keep it dry while I shower.

I shower quickly, not wanting to spend too much time in someone else's bathroom and wrap myself in the towel once I'm done. Standing in front of the sink, I give my face a quick wash with cold water and rinse my mouth out with water as well. I bring my hand up, cupping around my mouth as I breathe out to smell my breath and instantly cringing at the scent. I can't leave with my breath smelling like this but I also don't have a toothbrush.

I look around at what he keeps lying around, spotting a bottle of mouthwash next to his pink toothbrush.

This'll do.

I pour some of the wash into the cap, tipping it into my mouth to let the liquid work its magic as I swish it around my mouth. After doing as much hygiene as I can think of I make my way over to the pile of clothes I left in here last night, putting on the dress again.

Obviously I'll change when I get home and properly clean myself but considering the circumstances I'd rather not go home in any of Harry's clothes. I don't know if he was expecting me to take them or to leave them here but the constant reminder of having them with me would be too much.

Fully dressed, I exit the bathroom and walk over to the bed. I leave his clothes neatly folded in a pile at the foot of the bed before walking over to the head to start making the bed. With everything being set I leave the room, my expectations low for what I'm to face outside of these four walls.