Part 2 The Difference

5 year old Damien POV

"Yes I am" I replied after a second of hesitation 

My mother smiled and I had to do a double take to make sure I wasn't seeing things but she was in fact smiling. Ms. Jackson smiled back then turn to me then studied me for a moment before saying 

"Are you ready to go"

I hesitated did I really want to leave this place my home even if some of the things we did here were questionable. I looked at my mother and knew from her expression that if I said anything but yes I would be punished so I said 

"Yes"

"Good" she said kindness and understanding swirling in her ocean eyes "take my hand please Damien" 

"Okay Ms. Jackson" she looked surprised at being called that then scrunched up her nose and laughed "just call me Percy" 

I slipped my hand into her and she smirked and said "hold on" as her other hand reached and put the duffel bad on her shoulder and grabbing the suitcases with her hand. "Wha-" before I could get a word out we vanished I felt like I was being taken apart then being put back together and then it ended and we landed into front of a cabin with my head still spinning I stumbled letting go of Percy's hand.

"That always happens the first time vapor traveling" I turned to look at her after she said this asking "vapor travel???" 

"Yep one of my abilities allows me to travel almost instantly using the water around me and if you haven't figure it out I can also take things with me"

My jaw dropped this woman was a mutant probably a powerful one at that.

"But don't worry about that this is where we're staying" Percy said pointing to a cabin on the beach with virtually nothing around it except water sand and a forest behind it.

"Well let's go in" I said as I walked towards the cabin and up the stairs opening the door and walking in Percy behind me with my bags. As I looked around I saw a dagger in a glass case. Percy most have seen what I was looking at and said "it was my best friends I kept it after she died because her family didn't want a reminder of what happened. I don't think I will kept it forever I might give it to someone who I think deserves it but until that happens it stays in that case." I turned to look at her seeing her sadness in her eyes.

3rd POV present day batcave

An older Damien Wayne stood listening to his father and brothers bickering playing with a dagger.