Part 5: Family is what you choose to make it

POV Present Damien Wayne 

Over my four years of living with my father I have learned many things. Some I already knew others I didn't. Before I was sent back to my mother my Mom or Percy had told me to never allow myself to live in someone else's world at the time I didn't understand what she meant but I learned why she said that after I returned to my mother. After returning I found that my views differed from my mother and later I found my views differed from my father as well.

You see my Mom always said she would kill or die to protect me and that if something happened to me she would go though leaps and bound to make sure the person that hurt me felt what they did to me ten-fold because to both her and myself that's what love and family is. The people who would always be there for you blood or not. So I could never quite understand why my so called mother hurt me and why my father didn't avenge Jason.

I sighed and got up from my bed and decided to go to the cave and train. As I stepped into the cave I saw Drake or Tim as I called him in my head at the computer doing god knows what with yet another cup of coffee. 

Tim Drake one of my Brothers even if I would never admit it to his face I did think of him as my brother same goes for Jason and Dick. Funnily enough he reminded me of my mom and uncle Nico. Nico because of outward appearance (they both need sleep) and  mom because of his annoying persistence and determination. If he put his mind to it he could do just about anything except maybe have a natural sleep schedule. I admired him like all my brothers even if I didn't show it for Tim it was his tenacity even with everything put on him he never knew how to give up. 

As I continued walking to the trading room I heard the entrance open up and low and behold there was my brother Jason Todd. I guessed today was one of the few days were all of the bat family as we were called by the media was together in one place. It didn't happen often because of contradictory opinions mostly between my father and brothers, because no one had a reason to have a problem with Alfred he is just to nice.

"Hello Replacement, Demon spawn" Jason greeted going up to Drake most likely to ask a favor.

Drake rolled his eyes "Jason" he responded 

I just nodded in Jason's general direction and kept walking till I arrived at the weapons to grab a katana. I started thinking Jason Todd the second oldest of my brothers being what my father would call a pain in the ass. You see Jason died at the hands of a crazy clown and was brought back to life and after coming back to life found my father had in Jason's opinion replaced him with Tim who had become the next robin and hadn't avenged him even though he could. So Jason became an anti hero and a drug lord. My aunt Thalia was similar to Jason in a lot of ways but instead of coming back to life she became human again after being turned into a tree. Both of them had a lot of pent up anger both at themselves and the world and retaliated in different ways for Jason it was becoming a anti hero for aunt Thalia it was joining the hunt. But over all both of them are decent people below the surface once you get pass all the sarcasm and anger. But one of my favorite things about Jason was his hair because he had white along with black in his hair it reminded me of my mom which could be good and bad at times.

Looking up I found myself at the gym as I walked in I saw my final Brother Dick Grayson the oldest and my favorite brother. He was using the acrobatic equipment on the other side of the gym while I went to the trading Matt's and did practice swings with my katana. I might ask for a spar later. As I was swinging I got lost on my thoughts

Dick or Richard Grayson the oldest and the first of four sons of Bruce Wayne three being adopted  me being the only bio son my father has. Dick was always the one to reach out to the rest of us other than Alfred he was the only one to make an effort to bring us together. Dick always reminded me of my mom and uncle Will (Nico's husband) because of his friendly disposition and the phrases he threw in from time to time and horrible jokes. All three of them had very bright auras and all of them like the rest of the people in my family had very tired eyes. But whenever you were with them their was just this underlining feeling that you were okay and safe.

Apparently I had completely zoned out because as I snapped out of my thoughts I sensed the presence of someone behind me so swinging my katana around to see who exactly decided to sneak up on a trained assassin with a katana and a dagger that was secured to my hip.

————————————————————————————————————————————————-—  I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter and look for the prologue of The Prettiest Smiles which should be out soon and please give me ideas for the next chapter and share your thought on the book so far. 

Also at the top is what I got the inscription idea from because it bust seems Percy like to me with the whole sea thing  one more thing so far Jason and Bruce are winning in who Percy should be with.

I have finally hit 1000 words in  chapter