Falling - 4

The classes went by and eventually, it was time for lunch. The council members and I did our usual patrolling, and I invited Shiromi to eat with me and my friends. She happily accepted and we met up with Ayano, Kumi, and Yui to all eat together.

Shiromi was telling the girls how I made her lunch and how sweet I was, and I couldn't help but to blush. I'm glad to have someone like her in my life. No matter where it goes, I want her to know she's special. I whispered in Ayano's ear, and Ayano told the girls that we needed to talk about something in private, so we got up and went into the flower garden together.

"So, do you know what kind of flowers she likes?"

I thought to myself. She's never even talked about her favorite flower.

"Um, she literally has never told me anything along the lines of a flower." I chuckled.

"Then let's just get her a sunflower!" Ayano suggested.

I smiled. That's honestly what she reminded me of. Bright and beautiful...

I grabbed a sunflower from the pretty green grass and came back with it, handing it to Shiromi, she blushed and thanked me, asking what it was for. I told her it was just 'cause she's been so sweet to me and she smiled even more and put the flower in her hair.

Once lunch was over, Shiromi and I walked back to the council room. She took the flower out of her hair and...She ate it. She looked at me during and afterwards, telling me that flowers had so much protein anyways and that she wanted the flower to forever be with her anyways. I smiled, never really looking at it like that. We relaxed in the room for a bit before having to head off to patrol one more time, heading back into the council room before we were expected in our last class.

"So...What made you want to get me a flower?"

I blushed.

"I don't mean to get all gushy around you but, ever since first year you've been so nice to me. You always have a smile on your face and it makes so happy to see you positive all of the time...I don't know what I'm talking about, I just think you're amazing."

Shiromi blushed and hugged me tight.

"I'll always be here Daishi, no matter what."

I looked into her eyes and she leaned in, I did the same and as soon as we were about to kiss, Aoi walked in with a box of pizza.

"Oh-I...You guys dating?"

I shook my head with a no and Shiromi seemed upset that our moment got ruined. Were her and I really about to kiss?

"I um...I just came in to sit this down...I'm gonna leave back out okay?"

We both nodded and she hurried to sit the pizza box down and fast walked out of the room.

"Shiromi, can I ask you something?"

She replied with a soft "mhm".

"Does Aoi have some sort of crush on me? She seemed upset when she saw us um..."

Shiromi nodded.

"I believe she does but I don't think it's as big as um...Others do."

"Others?" I asked confused.

She nodded and walked out, with that smile on her face and her arms behind her head.

I slouched in one of the chairs and stared up at the ceiling, sighing. "I need to confess soon..."

The school day ended and everyone was going home while Ayano and Hayanari were actually talking by the school entrance. I walked over to say hi to them, but they seemed to have an upsetting discussion by the looks of  Yan-chan's face.

"So you really can't come over babe?"

He nodded a no with the most dissapointed face.

"I promise that I'll come over tomorrow okay?"

She smiled and hugged him, giving him a quick peck, and watched him leave with his fellow delinquent members.

I smiled. "You two are so damn cute!"

She blushed, a bit startled seeing me. "I'm so in love with him it's insane. I want to be with him every second of the day."

"I'm a bit jealous, I thought I was your love!"

She laughed and hugged me. "You're my bestest friend, no one comes above you."

I hugged her back and smiled. "That means so much to me Ayano. I better be the damn maid of honor at you and Hayanari's wedding!"

"Of course you will! What kind of statement is that!" I laughed and then told her how me and Shiromi almost kissed earlier.

"You two need to date already!"

I smiled. I really didn't want to rush things but I really do actually like her. I won't deny it anymore.

"Can you help me? I know Friday is tomorrow..."

Ayano squealed.

"YOU WANT TO CONFESS AT THE CHERRY TREE?!"

I nodded my head and shushed her. She giggled and jumped up and down.

"Dairomi is finally gonna be official!"

"Who?" I asked confused.

"That's your ship name!"

I laughed and got my things ready to leave and go home. I decided to accompany Ayano coming to her house since Hayanari couldn't. It was actually perfect 'cause we could lay out a plan for tomorrow.

"So what's her favorite food? Maybe you can make it for her for lunch!"

I smiled, instantly knowing 'cause I remembered she told me.

"That's easy! She absolutely LOVES calamari! Good thing I know how to make it."

Ayano clapped. "We can make that in the morning for her, then for lunch and maybe you could leave a cute note with it!

I smiled agreeing with her. I happened to be a good writer when it came to poems and such. That's something Shiromi didn't know, so it wouldn't give it away when I sneak the food in her locker before lunch time. I told Ayano that I could maybe write a poem, as I had a few written out dedicated to Shiromi.

"So you had this planned for a bit huh?!"

I nodded. "I don't want people to think I was waiting for Raimu to slip up though just to go after Shiromi..."

Ayano scoffed. "Raimu is gone Daishi, it's been months! I'm sure everyone forgot about her trouble making, cheating ass! Let's hope the new school she's at, she's actually doing something with herself."

I looked down and nodded. Ayano was right. Shiromi has liked me for a good while. I've tried to ignore it but I can't deny the feelings I have for her. Ayano and I began to work on everything we would do to help me out leading up to the confession, and we stayed up half the night watching movies once we were done.