Nor Do I

She pulled her fist back and hit Ross with all her might then she went into the house.  After spending six years married to Ross where he chose Elizabeth over her, she had had enough.  She was tired of being second best and after the last six months she felt that Jeremy would also always be second best to Geoffrey Charles.
Jane,  called Demelza, please ask John to go to Dr. Enys to borrow his horse today, if possible, if not tomorrow, then come in and help me pack all of Master Jeremy's toys and clothes. Jane affirmed her consent and Demelza thanked her.
Ross got up off the ground and got back on Darkie and rode to the mine where he sat and contemplated what had happen in the last twenty-four hours.  After two years of Elizabeth telling him that she loves him and him believing she still held a place in his heart, it was beyond his belief that he could not find the same feeling for her that he did his wife.  After what he did and how his wife responded, how is he going to fix this?  Well surely Demelza will see I had no choice once she calms down. I should go and settle things with Elizabeth but how can I tell her my feelings for her are ones of affection but not love like I have for Demelza. 
John Gimlet speaks to Dwight, he agrees to let them borrow the horse, he wonders what Ross and Demelza needs his horse for and sets out to make his rounds on foot.
After Jane and Demelza pack all of Jeremy's things, Demelza packs a few everyday things in the valise leaving most of her things. She takes her scissors and cuts up the garters and stockings that Ross has gotten for her at Christmas and sets them on her dressing table.  They load the cart, Demelza places Jeremy beside her and leaves Nampara. Where can I go, thought Demelza, she could go to her father's, Wherry House, or Verity? Her fathers house where she was abused as a child, not my first choice. Wherry House with lecherous Hugh, uh no, would be fighting him off most of the time. Maybe if she goes to Verity's she can get transport to Lisbon with Andrew, there she could get work and make a life for herself and her son. She decides the best place for now would be Verity's.

Please leave me a likes ❤️ or comments. Did you like the song chosen for this chapter?