Verits Letter

The next morning the post arrived and Jane handed Ross Verity's letter, after reading decided to go to Falmouth since that was were his wife and son were. Then Dwight arrived at Nampara, he came in and told Ross he just heard news that Elizabeth had postponed her wedding. He looked at Ross and questioned him. "Do you believe she ever was going to marry George or was it her way of getting you to declare your love." Ross got up from the chair and told Jane to have John saddle Darkie, he told "Dwight I do not know but I am going to find out."
Ross rode to Trenwith where he went into the parlor where Elizabeth and Agatha were seated. Elizabeth went running to him and embraced him telling him that she missed him and was about to give up on his coming back, she then realized he did not embrace her back. "Is there somewhere we can speak." Elizabeth said "of course" and led him to his uncle's office. Ross asked "when did you tell George you would marry him?" She looked at him and hesitated "what does that... " Rose said "tell me Elizabeth, " she said "in December." He then said "you knew for four and half months, that I have been coming here weekly and you just now sent me a letter, which I received late in the evening? Also could you tell me has George been helping you with any expenses?" "Why no nothing except keeping the debt and interest payments down." Ross then asked "who is paying for your mothers medical, the nurse expenses and Geoffrey schooling." "Ross what is this about." "Just tell me Elizabeth." "Well he has been very generous as I told you the other night she reminded him." Ross said "I am sorry that happened, that night, my temper got the better of me and after your actions for the past two years, how you treated me since Francis died, I felt betrayed. That does not make right how it started but you must admit it was not one sided that night. What that night did was, have me betray my wife, the woman who saved your son's life by giving up our daughters. From this moment on I will be trying to repair my marriage and the heart of the woman who means everything to me." Elizabeth looked at Ross with fury in her eyes, "you would choose that common scullery maid over me"? Ross could not believe his ears, how blind and idiotic was he not to see the ugliness of her soul, she could never ever compare to his Demelza how could he have been that stupid. He looked at her with disdain then he walked out of the office, he saw Agatha there she said "Ross you have to live here and get rid of the debts, we cannot let that upstart win." Ross looked at her and said, "dear Aunt you are welcome at Nampara, but I will never come here this has not or ever will be my home." He walked out the door and rode back home, deciding what he was going to say to Demelza.
Going into the parlor back at Nampara he put his head in his hands realizing he had to wait until tomorrow to go to Falmouth all he kept thing was what an idiot he's was. Jenny came in and said "I won't be coming back to work sir, I was hired by the Mistress and with her gone it wouldn't be right. I can only imagine what you did that she left. It had to be a great offense because nothing less would have made her leave you! I am sorry for you both."  Jinny left as Ross stared after her, he thought even my staff could see how much she cared, what an idiot I am.
After a sleepless night he arrived at the Blameys around 10:00 in the morning,. Andrew answered the door blocking Ross's entrance and asked what he wanted. Ross said, "please Andrew I need to speak to my wife."  Andrew said she is not here; Verity came down the stairs seeing Ross she looked and said, "Ross are you tired of the Great Lady already and come to look for your  scullery maid or are you looking to employ your wife to be your mistress's employee."  Ross hung his head. Verity went on. "You know she heard what you said at the Harvest Dinner at Trenwith. My question is why didn't you miss your wife the six hours she was gone?" Ross looked pleadingly at Verity ''Please Verity can I just speak to her."  Andrew said "I told you she left, and we will not betray her and tell you where she went," then they shut the door. Ross thought to himself Caroline was right everyone that met Delemza realizes what a treasure she is, through my ignorance and stupidity I lost her.  I have to get my family back.
While Ross was at Falmouth, Demelza was at Lord Falmouth's who hired Demelza, he had a room for Jeremy and one for her in the children's wing. He was surprised that she was Ross Poldark's wife and said he had heard a lot of wonderful things about her but after meeting her knew they were extremely deficient in their praise. Lord Falmouth wanted Demelza to go into Turo the next day to get herself some more day dresses and anything else she needed, Hugh had told him a little of why she needed the position and why she was there.
On the way there Hugh told Demelza that he thought he loved her. "Your heart is so kind and generous, your everything I want in a wife.  I can even give Ross the money for the divorce." Demelza told Hugh she was grateful for all he had done for her but there was ever going to be one man who owned her heart, she would never marry again.
She got out of the carriage and did not notice Joan Pasco.  Ross went in to see Pasco asking if he knew of any way he could help him find his wife and son. Pasco said let me think on it and invited him to supper, while eating Pasco's daughter Joan mentioned she saw Demelza going into the dressmaker. She told Ross it was a beautiful carriage that almost looked like Lord Falmouth's. Pasco gave Ross a knowing look, after supper Ross went home and made a plan to see Lord Falmouth tomorrow.

Please leave likes❤️ or comments. Do you Ike the song I chose for this chapter?