Chapter III

Winner 

As Brody was getting ready for the course I stood between dad and Stephanie

As Brody was getting ready for the course I stood between dad and Stephanie. I was watching every move he did. Brody took off his shirt and my eyes traveled all over his chest. I bit my lip a little without knowing that I was doing it. Brody noticed me staring and biting my lip so his eyes met mine and he smirked at me and winked. This caused a major blush to appear across my face. I looked down so no one, by "no one" I mean my dad, would notice. Matt went up the Salmon Ladder, and when he was half way across the course he winked at my dad, mocking him. Then he looked at me and winked seductively. I sucked in a deep breath and watched him do the rest of the course. But I and everyone else knew that this wasn't the course.

When Brody finished the course a few minutes later he yelled out and flexed his muscles. "Whoo!" Me and dad walked up to him. "Well, that was cute. Probably in record time." Dad said as I tried to hold in my laughter. "Yeah?" Matt asked, feeling proud of himself. "The problem is, that's not the course." I chuckled quietly but Matt heard me and gave me a quick glance. I shut my mouth and Matt turned back to dad. "That's not the course?" He asked as as he crouched down and pointed to the course he just did. I walked up to Brody and jumped onto were he was crouching and sat down next to him. Matt smiled at me as I did and I gave him a small smile back. Dad took off his jacket as started talking. "So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna go over to the real course, and if you beat me over there, not only are you on the team, but I won't fuck with you anymore and I'll call you by your real name." I bit my lip to keep my laughter in. No one has ever beaten dad at the real course. "Oh, really?" Matt asked amused.

---

After that we all went over to the "real" course. The first thing they did was flip tires. I could clearly see Brody struggling a bit, while dad just went on and on. Matt was so far behind and my dad quickly got to the finish line. He stood straight and walked over to a bell that hung from a pole. He rang it. "Yeah!" He yelled as he flexed. 

---

The next thing was to carry two refrigerators on your back all the way to the end. Dad was fast at that as well. He does it very often actually. He got to the end and rang the bell. Brody dropped the fridges and looked at dad. "Refrigerators?" I chuckled and crossed my arms.

---

The next thing was 100 pull-ups. Dad didn't struggle at this, at all. But Brody did. At 99 pull-ups Brody dropped to the ground, catching his breath. I went over to Brody as dad rung the bell. "You okay?" I asked him as I sat down on the sand on my knees. Matt put his left hand on my thigh to keep himself steady. But I could help too blush at the contact. He nodded while breathing heavily, tired from the tough course. Brody looked at my dad and laughed a bit. "That was bullshit, Mitch! You know I was already gassed." He said as dad made his way towards us. "Because you were showboating. You want to be a lifeguard, you gotta learn to conserve your energy." I heard Matt scoff as he stood up. "Conserve my energy?" I could tell that this would probably not end that well. Suddenly, loud screams from the pier was heard. All of us looked towards it and saw that people were in mid-air, falling into the water. "No! Help! My kids!" A woman was heard screaming. "Lifeguard tower one!" Dad yelled out and we started running to the ATV's. 

Me and dad went on one ATV and Steph and C.J. went on the other one. Once we were on our way I heard a motorbike following us. I turned my head and saw that it was Brody driving the bike. 'What the hell is he doing?' I thought to myself. I then saw that he drove up the pier and past all the people. He clearly wasn't thinking straight. He could get even more people hurt from his reckless behaviour. When he reached the end of the pier, he jumped over the fence and into the ocean. "What the actual fuck?" I asked out loud. "Hey, watch your language, missy." Dad said back. I didn't say anything back because we needed to save people from drowning. My dad stopped the ATV and ran into the water with Brody. I saw my dad swim to get the two kids. Me, Stephanie and C.J. got into the water to help dad. We got everyone out of the water. Me and Brody helped the mom, Steph got the girl and dad got the boy.

"Come on. Breathe for me. Come on, big man. Come on." I heard my dad say to the young boy. Matt laid down the mom on the sand and I turned around and saw the boy coughing out water. I was reviled when I saw that he was breathing and alive. I turned to see Brody trying to give the woman CPR. It didn't work so I thought that there could only be one reason to why it didn't work. Her air way was blocked. I immediately ran over to Matt while yelling at him. "Brody, stop!" He didn't stop, so when I reached him and the mom, I made him look at me. "Stop it." He looked confused as I tilted the woman's head back and opened her mouth. "What? Why?" He asked and I put my hand in her mouth. "Her airway is blocked." I simply said and found the thing blocking it. I grabbed it and started pulling it out. It was a large piece of seaweed. People around us gaped at the big piece stuck in her throat, which I had just pulled out. She started coughing as soon as it was out, so I put her on the side and patted her back slightly. "Just breathe, okay?" I said calmly to her, making her started calming down. "Cami, she good?" I heard my dad ask, making me turn to him and nod. 

I stood up and got out of the way when I heard dad telling to kids to go to their mom. They started running and hugged their mom tightly, making me smile. The crowd around us started clapping when the family re-united. I leaned my head back onto Brody's chest-shoulder area, letting out a big breath that I was holding in. A blush formed on my cheeks when I felt Matt's large hand on my hip. Luckily, my dad didn't notice this. 

A/N 2: HELLO!! Sorry for taking so long to re-write this, but life is very busy at the moment. There's so much happening this month (June). I also noticed that I didn't do an A/N in this chapter when I first wrote it, but that's not needed. Thank you for reading and sticking around through all this. I hope to finish this very soon, but as I said, so much is happening right now. Anyways, thank you and I love you all.