Chapter I

Matt Brody 

I had just gotten to the beach where I am a lifeguard at

I had just gotten to the beach where I am a lifeguard at. The first thing I saw when I got to there was my dad, Mitch, getting out of the waters with an unconscious man in his arms. 'He is truly a hero to a lot of people.' I thought to myself. They put him on a trolley so that they could get the man to the hospital. I walked closer to my dad and the man so that I could hear what they were saying. "Are you Batman?" The man asked my dad causing me to laugh. "Sure, pal. Just bigger and browner." This time I chuckled and then my dad yelled out to the paramedics. "All right, boys, get him in." They put the man inside the ambulance and drove off to the hospital. "Have a good run, Mitch." Stephanie said to my dad. He was going on his daily jog around the beach. "All right, Steph." He said back and turned around. He met my eyes and jogged over to me quickly. "Hey, sweetheart." He said and hugged me tightly. I hugged back. 

A few seconds later we pulled apart. "Hey, dad. You going for you daily jog?" He nodded and answered.  "Yeah, wanna join in?" I shook my head and smiled up at him. "No, I'm think I'm gonna go find Steph." He nodded and patted my head, making me move my head away. He laughed and I rolled my eyes with a smile. "All right. See you later then, sweetie." I nodded and crossed my arms. "Okay, dad." I said as I smiled at him. He smiled back and ran off. 

--- 

30 minutes later, I was walking around when I bumped into Summer. She had just gotten out of the water after surfing. We started talking and then we started walking to a street restaurant so that we could grab some food. As we were getting off the sand, there was this really hot guy on a motorcycle that pulled up right in front of where me and Summer was walking. I could feel his eyes all over my body, making me smirk to myself. I started swaying my hips more than normal. As we were passing he spoke to me and Summer. "Hey, I'm Matt Brody." Summer continued to walk and kept her eyes on the ground. "And not a single fuck was given." She said and I rolled my eyes at her attitude. I turned to Matt and smirked at him. He looked me up and down and I bit my lip seductively. I looked him up and down and put my hand out for him to shake. 

And he did. "I'm Camilla Buchannon. Sorry about my friend. She can be really up tight." Matt shook his head and smiled. We pulled our hands back to our sides. "Nah, it's cool." I smiled at him and he smiled back. Suddenly I felt someone grab my hand and starting to pull me away from Matt. I looked at the person to see that it was Summer. "Come on, let's go." She said. I turned back around to Matt. "See you around, Matt!" He smiled and nodded. I sent him a wink and a smirk back and turned back around to walk properly before I would fall on my face. As we were walking away I could feel Brody's eyes all over my body, savouring my curves in a bikini. I smirked to myself at how I have him hooked by just a minutes conversation. "Why did you stop and talk to him? He seems like an egoistical douche." I rolled my eyes at Summer's words. "Oh, come on, Summer! You gotta give people a chance." I said as we approached the place we were going to eat at. She shook her head. "Not when it comes to people like him." I rolled my eyes and a few minutes later we were eating delicious chicken wraps. 

--- 

After me and Summer ate our food we went back to the beach and now I was waiting for the tryouts to begin. Suddenly a familiar voice spoke up. "So you're a lifeguard?" I turned around and saw Matt Brody standing there. I chuckled and shrugged. Then I crossed my arms. "Yeah. Yeah, I am. So is my dad. It was him that inspired me too become a lifeguard." Matt nodded and smiled. "That's nice." I nodded and smiled back. I saw Summer and Stephanie walking together and my dad jogged up to them. I'm guessing he just came back from his daily run. "Hey, it's your day today, Summer." My dad said to her and she smiled at him. "Oh, thank you." "You're welcome." She and Steph walked away. Dad looked around and saw me standing with Matt. He came up to us. "Hey, angel." "Hi, dad," He looked at Brody. "Hey, fresh face." I chuckled at dad's nickname for Matt. I feel like there is many more to come. 

Dad smiled at me and turned back to Matt. "You here for qualifiers?" Dad asked Matt. "Uh, no, no, I'm not trying out. I'm actually already on the team." Dad and I looked at each other with very confused looks. "You're already on this team?" Dad asked Matt. "I'm Matt Brody. Ready for duty." He said as he did a military salute. I scoffed with a smile. "Ready for duty?" I asked Matt as he and dad shook hands. "Oh, okay. Um, you got any papers or anything like that?" Dad asked as he put his hands on his hips. Matt nodded and answered. "I do." Matt reached into his back pocket and pulled out a paper. Then he held it out to my dad. "There you go." Dad took the paper and opened it. I looked down at the paper that he held and read it quickly. "It's literally a permission slip." I said and looked at Brody, who just shrugged. 

Dad chuckled at my words and read the letter. ""Dear, Mitch, I am pleased to write you on behalf of Mr. Matt Brody."" Matt nodded and looked at dad smugly. "Yeah." I licked my lips and waited for dad to be dad. And I was right, he started tearing the paper into pieces. "Right. Well, no free passes." "Whoa!" Matt yelled out. "At all. Yeah, 'cause I don't give a shit."  I laughed lightly when dad threw the small pieces, that was once a paper, over his shoulder. He then crossed his arms. Matt pointed at the ripped apart paper on the sand. "I legit needed those for my taxes." I took a step forward and got eye contact with Brody. "Brody, what you need to understand is that if you're going to be a part this team, you gotta earn it like everybody else does. Not with some permission slip you got from Thorpe. I could've gotten in on the team easily because of my dad, but I didn't choose that. I studied hard and did the course that every trainee does. And I was lucky and got to join the team. So no, we won't let you pass on a permission slip." Dad nodded at my words and Matt pointed between me and him. "Okay, I thought we were connecting there for a second." I rolled my eyes and shook my head. 

I took a deep breath. "Did you even hear what I just said?" He nodded and dropped the act. "Yeah, I did." I took a step back to my original spot and dad spoke. "So, why don't we start this whole thing over, just like gentlemen and lady? Where you from, One Direction?" Dad asked Matt and I laughed at the nickname. As I said before, there will be plenty of them. "Um... Iowa?" "Iowa?" I just laughed at the two and shook my head. I dropped my hands to my sides and started walking away. "Hey, Cami! Don't leave me with your dad!" I didn't turn around as I answered him. "Good luck, Bieber! You'll need it!" I saw Steph walk over to the two and waived at her. "Did you just call my daughter Cami?" I heard Matt sigh, making me laugh. 

A/N: First chapter! I am doing this in a hurry because I rented the Baywatch movie on Viaplay and it'll be over in 48 hours (or was it 24?). So I have to hurry up writing this. Anyways, enjoy!

A/N 2: I am rewriting this story. It's been a long time since I first published this and under that time I've been working on many other projects, making me a better writer. So, I'm rewriting this and in that process, perhaps making it a better story. Thank you for reading, and I would really appreciate if I got more feedback from you guys on what you think. And if any of you are re-reading this, please tell me if it has gotten better. Thank you!