Chapter II

Airway Blocked 

It's been a few minutes and right now I was standing next to my dad as the tryouts were just about to start

It's been a few minutes and right now I was standing next to my dad as the tryouts were just about to start. Our boss, Don Thorpe, was holding a speech for everyone attending. "All right. Welcome, everybody. You know, Baywatch proudly accepts only one new recruit every year. But the good news for you is that this year, we've got two open spots. Now without further ado, I'd like to turn it over to the man who has 500 career saves. Give it up for lieutenant Mitch Buchannon." My dad and Thorpe then switched places so that dad could speak through the microphone as everyone clapped for him. "All right, thank you. Thank you. Baywatch is the elite of the elite. Our team's commitment to protecting the bay at all costs is the reason why the single mom behind me feels very comfortable letting her two kids run right into the water unaccompanied." Dad pointed behind him when he mentioned the single mom with her two kids. 

Dad spoke for a few more seconds and then I heard Steph speak into a microphone. "Thanks, Mitch. That's right. And Baywatch works because we follow rules. We follow rules because if we don't, people die. You work in an office and you doze off at your desk one day, no big deal. You slack off here...say it with me..." Then everyone spoke. "People die." I saw Brody sitting in a sun chair with a cooler beside him in the crowd further back. He looked around confused at why everyone said it at the same time. I smiled at his reaction, he was kind of adorable when he was confused. He saw me looking at him and he smiled at me. This caused me to blush a little and smile back. I looked down at my feet for a second then I looked back up and put my hair behind my ears. My eyes met Brody's once again and this caused me to zone out of what the others were saying.

I snapped back to reality when someone tapped my shoulder. I turned my head to see who it was and I saw my dad looking at me with his arms on his hip. I put my hands on my hip just to mock him. He chuckled at my action. "Were you looking at NSYNC over there, Cami?" I shook my head too quickly for him to believe my lie. "Pfft! What?! No! Why would I look at him?" My voice was high pitched. That is why I'm not a good liar. Whenever I lie my voice becomes high pitched. I looked down at my feet and mumbled. "Fuck." Dad chuckled and threw his left arm around my shoulders, causing me to look back up at him. "You know, you're adorable when you try to lie." I rolled my eyes as we started to walk to the start line where the tryouts would start their course. "It's okay to like someone. Just, not him." He smiled at me as he patted my back and walked away. I rolled my eyes again. "I can like whoever I want to like." I mumbled to myself.

I walked to the start line and saw that everyone has lined up. Then they started running, trying to finish the course. I saw dad, Steph and C.J. going onto the water scooters and follow the people, hyping them up. I looked around and saw Brody sitting on a chair with a cooler next to him. I decided to go talk to him, so my feet started moving and soon I was next to Brody. He looked up and when he saw me he smiled. I smiled back and spoke. "Hi there, Timberlake." He laughed at the nickname and smirked at me. "Hello to you, too, sexy." His little nickname made me blush. I don't know why, but when he called me sexy it made my stomach twist and turn. And the way he looked at me just made me feel shit. 'Damn, I barely know him and I'm already falling hard for this fucker...' "What are you thinking about, princess?" He asked me and I shook my head. "Nothing." I said simply, trying to hide the fact that I am falling for him. 'If he keeps it up with the nicknames he's gonna have me trembling at his feet.' I grabbed his beer and took a sip. 

He looked up at me shocked. "Aren't you working right now?" I smirked down at him and shrugged. "Nobody has to know." I took another sip off the beer and handed it back to him. Matt took a sip as well. Suddenly my dad came up to us. I looked at him and smiled. He smiled back and looked at Matt. "Oh, fuck." Matt mumbled and sat straighter in his chair. "You know, you wanna be on our team, you're gonna have to pass this course. We all do." I nodded at my dad's words. "Look. Mitch, right?" Matt took off sunglasses and looked up at my dad. "Lieutenant to you." I rolled my eyes at how dad's being a pain in the ass for Brody. But it's true. He gotta earn his place in Baywatch. ""Lieutenant"? Like in the army? Let me save you some time, okay? You're not gonna be my big brother here and put me on the right path. It doesn't work like that. I got where I am today completely by myself. So how about you let me do my job, and I'll tell you where to send my checks?" I scoffed a little making both of them look at me. 

Then dad turned his head back to look at the people running the course. "You know sharks always swim slowly. Until they need to attack." I scrunched my eyebrows and tilted my head at my dad's advice. "Thank you for that cryptic and totally irrelevant piece of advice, dad. Do you really think he can figure out what it means?" Dad laughed lightly at my words and then Matt spoke up. "What is he, Aquaman? 'Cause I'm really confused with what we've been talking about." I laughed and shook my head. Then I crouched down next to Brody and looked him in the eyes. "Let me give you a real advice. There's a Russian proverb and it goes: Akula, kotorya ne plavayet, ne tonet. It means: The shark that does not swim drowns. You know what that means?" Matt shook his head 'no'. He looked really eager to find out what it means, so I continued. "It means that if you don't move forward in your life you'll be stuck in one place and you'll never get the chance to move on." Matt smiled and I smiled back. 

He pointed at me and spoke. "That has a really good meaning. It was also more helpful than what Mitch said. That made no sense to me." I chuckled and stood back up. "Anyways, come on, gold medal." Dad said as he stood looking over the people on the beach with his hands on his hips like a hawk. "You afraid I'm gonna kick your little mermaid ass all over this course in front of all these people? I mean, now you're gonna have to beat me on the big boy's course, princess." I chuckled a little. I then remembered when Matt called me princess. It was really hot. The thought of it made my cheeks flush red. Then Brody stood up, ready to do the course. 

A/N: Second chapter! Still tryna rush this so I can get it done before my time of the rent runs out. Hope you're enjoying it so far!

A/N part 2: Hi, it's me. I'm still trying to re-write this story and make it better. I hope it will get better because it sucked dick before. I wrote/published this when I had just started writing which is why I'm re-writing it and making it better. Enjoy!