Chapter 6: The Young Miss Wants to Diet

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” —1 Thessalonians 5:11

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

“BUT why are you so happy, though?”

“My lady started speaking a little differently after she woke up, and she also started to act a little diversely. But you know what, my lady? I think I like this version of you more, although it might just be an after effect of the poison that they used to harm you," Emily said happily while beaming with happiness.

Lantana gave her a glance with a raised eyebrow, which made the maid panic and speak again in a defensive tone.

"But it’s not like I disliked my lady before! It’s just that your version today looked like she treasured her body well, and she doesn’t look like she’s still seeking other people’s recognition nor finding her worth through the wrong people. Although your memory is still vague, your version today doesn’t look like she’s hurt emotionally because her fiancé didn’t show up even after she woke up. I liked you in any way, my lady, but it’s okay to be strong like this, too. You have the duke. It’s not bad to use his power sometimes, especially to those who deserve the taste of Montgomery's power.”

Lantana was taken aback at Emily’s words and eventually stopped her stretching. Afterward, a genuine smile came out from her lips.

'See that? You had such a good person around you who treasured you so much.' Lantana thought as if she was talking to Penelope.

“Thank you, Emily, for always being here for me.”

She blushed but soon recovered.

“No, my lady. Thank you for always bringing joy to everyone here. We are all happy to serve a master like you so, please, continue being the light for everyone and don’t mind those people who want to dim your shine. Everyone in this fief has your back.”

Emily smiled after she said those words that made Lantana laugh wholeheartedly.

Really. Why did Penelope not manage to appreciate the kind people around her and always sought the approval of those who didn’t like her? She actually had a lot of people who cared for her genuinely, yet she just ignored them. She didn’t see them, even the duke, because she was always busy looking somewhere else.

Hah. Since she already became her, she would definitely do her best to cherish the people around her in the present. Duh? Why would she want to waste diamonds over pieces of junk?

'Penelope, I hope, wherever you are right now, you are also happy. We didn’t have a chance to meet, but I wish you the happiness you failed to acknowledge before. I can feel that you are kind. If you’re alive, please don’t live the same way you did here anymore. Don’t be like me who had regrets in my past life just because I didn’t manage to date. In this life you've given me, I'd definitely date the most handsome guy that I'd find—the one who would treat me like our father.'

“MY LADY, are you still exercising? Should I bring the refreshments later?”

“It’s alright, Emily. You can just open the door,” she replied while doing push-ups.

It had been a week since she started exercising and also a week since she made the whole mansion go in complete disarray. At first, they were all shocked when Emily announced Lantana’s plan to everyone while she was beside her when she called all of them—including the duke.