Chapter 16: She Can't Wait That Long

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

“Hot tempers cause arguments, but patience brings peace.” —Proverbs 15:18

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

“THAT kid! Where did he go at an important time like this!?” she heard the captain say to himself after recovering from the shock that she caused him.

While on the other hand, her father was still frozen like an ice statue in his place with his eyes widened and his jaw dropped. Was her speaking about someone really that surprising to him?

Penelope was truthfully blind but she was not. They were different. Total opposite. Penelope was blind so, she picked up two pieces of trash that were disguised as gold. Lantana always liked eye-candies and Siegrain already piqued her attention... So… She wanted him!

'Father, you can’t expect your child to never become interested in people of the opposite gender. After all, your child is a woman and that guy is definitely a living ikemen. The soul occupying this body is a nerd towards two-dimensional men and someone who was deprived of the chance to appreciate God’s masterpieces because of addiction to men who did not even exist in her previous world.'

'Hello? Your child is a woman after all. How can you expect me not to react if I saw a living ikemen in front of me? That’s just like giving a dog its food yet telling it not to eat it. That’s cruel, father!'

“Where is Siegrain?!” the captain said as he shouted angrily at the knights who seemed to her earlier as if proud soldiers.

However, at that moment, they were not like the proud soldiers that they first seemed to be, but instead, they were like a mushroom that shrunk in size while being scolded as their shoulders and head cowered down.

“Captain, Siegrain’s brother collapsed because of his sickness earlier. Since he is the elder brother, he has no choice but to take care of him,” a man replied after he mustered his courage to speak. He was one of the guys who was with Siegrain the last time she visited.

“Captain, Siegrain is back!” someone from the back, near the entrance door, announced.

From their distance, she could see his serious expression plastered on his handsome face. By the time that he got in front of the captain, she noticed that behind his blank face, worry and anxiety were hidden inside his eyes that couldn’t conceal everything he was trying to erase.

He bowed as he apologized for being late. Then, the captain immediately knocked his head which made the guy flinch in pain.

“You, crazy brat! Do this again and I’ll hit you ten times harder,” she heard the captain threaten him—in a not convincing way. She guessed he was just simply worried. Afterwards, the captain sighed as he smiled with relief in his face.

“Is your brother okay? I told you to leave him in your dormitory but you two are just so stubborn and won’t listen to me,” the captain said in a tone filled with concern.

“No one will be left to accompany him, captain," Siegrain insisted.

“Alright, alright. I said nothing. I heard that a lot of times already. Now, you go and apologize to the masters for being an inconvenience.”

“Yes.” Then he saluted.

Soon after, he was already in front of them. Then, he lowered his body as he bowed his head.

“I deeply apologize for causing such inconvenient interruptions, Your Grace and my lady,” he said with sincerity.

“Raise your head. I know your situation so it’s okay. I was the one who asked the butler to pick you so I understand,” Lantana’s father replied.