Chapter 10: The Princess Is Bored

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

“Then I considered all that my hands had done and the toil I had expended in doing it, and behold, all was vanity and a striving after wind, and there was nothing to be gained under the sun.” —Ecclesiastes 2:11

≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫

SHE FAKED a cough after a few seconds of laughter before she reverted back to her original bashful look. Then, as soon as she stopped laughing, Emily, whom she left earlier because of her quick stride, rushed at her back with a face that was almost turning into a tomato while panting hard and avoiding to look around. If only she could cover her whole face, she probably would have done that already.

“Excuse me for being impertinent, the boy is just really cute. Anyway, I’m sorry for taking your time. I will leave now with my maid or else she might really turn into a tomato at any moment. Continue your training and don’t mind us,” she said as she pulled Emily—who was as cold as ice already though her face looked as though a volcano was about to erupt—to walk together with her straight to the stable.

“Wait! My lady, may I ask where you plan to go? That place further ahead is…” the other guy near Arthur who possessed ocean blue hair, said to her hesitantly.

“Oh! Is it prohibited to enter?” she asked as she acted shocked.

The guy expressed a few awkward laughter that made his eyes disappear while scratching his head.

“N-No. Not entirely. I am just afraid that you might not like the smell in that place…” he replied politely.

Lantana smiled sweetly which made the guy’s face red. Then, she said to him, “It’s okay. I don’t really mind,” she said with conviction as she continued walking while pulling Emily with her.

She felt they were weirded out by her response but she did not mind them anymore as she felt like it would waste her time to explain it to them one by one. She just simply went to the horse stable with a large smile plastered on her lips, containing her happiness.

Before that, she even heard them whisper a few words before she eventually managed to totally disappear from their line of sight.

“Who is she really? Is it okay to let her enter that place? Don’t you think we should report her?”

“She looks like a noble but what is she going to do there?”

“I don’t think we have to do anything. That lady won’t be able to pass through the tight security of the duchy if she was suspicious. What’s more, this mansion has a magical barrier. Just let her be and focus on our training. We can tell the head butler afterwards…”

“EMILY, it’s alright. We’re alone now. You can breathe already. The guys are already gone,” Lantana said teasingly to her servant as they entered the place.

As if on cue, she breathed out heavily, an exhausted breath. Then, she looked at her with an accusing yet tearful pair of eyes.

“My lady, how could you do that to me?” she asked with a cracking tone.

Lantana chuckled like an innocent girl as she smiled sweetly to her maid while leaning closer to her face—as she was taller than her—while playing with her hair before she tucked the few strands that got on her face behind her ears.

With a protruding pair of eyes, she looked at her, completely perplexed, before she started to have her cheeks painted in red.

Ah. This feeling… The same feeling she always had in the past whenever she was able to conquer a target with her great charm and beauty. She couldn’t believe that Emily was someone so easily to allure.