Extra: Stolen Kisses and Empty Rooms

Between Chapter 18 and Chapter 19, Lan Huan (Sect Leader Lan Xichen) comes to live at Lotus Pier for a week with his disciples for a night hunt at Nie Sect.

Please let me know how you feel about some ''Extra'' chapters.

--------

Lan Huan knew he shouldn't have done that but he had put himself in the most dangerous place, having deliberately delayed his attending confirmation in hopes that he and his disciples will have to be relocated at one of the Jin towers or Lotus Pier. With either, he would have gotten to see Jiang Wanyin.

Being at Lotus Pier was the best thing to happen but as soon as they kissed, he realized, it was dangerous. Dangerous to be in the same room with Wanyin for his soul wanted to be one with the other even if they did nothing but kiss,  or smile or even look at each other. He was in the middle of a conference as a honorary guest but all he could think about was the kiss. His jaw between Wanyin's claw, holding him in place, refusing to let go, making it hard for him to breathe. His head had began to swim and all he could recognize was the hot wetness of Wanyin's lips that travelled south and rose his desires unspeakably.

He closed his eyes and tried to listen to the voices around him.

"Sect Leader Jiang. Please reconsider." It was Wanyin's right hand man. Master Zhou, was it? He knew the name but he couldn't remember it for the image of Wanyin's eyes dark and desire filled loomed before him as they parted after the kiss. They were bluish grey like the Lotus pier lakes but there were beautiful specks of purple like lotus strewn on the surface of the lake. He couldn't help collecting Wanyin's face in his hands and kiss those eyes.

"Alright. L... Sect Leader Lan has a total of 6 disciples with him which leaves room for 6 of us. We will take 2 of our newest disciples and one senior disciple and same from the Jins. It is final."

He opened his eyes with a small smile. The elders were looking at him. He knew they would interpret his smile for agreement while he smiled at Wanyin's slip. He looked at Wanyin who glared back, having caught his reasons unlike others. He smiled wider, "8 experienced disciples can handle a 12 disciple task just as well. This is a good opportunity for young ones to learn outside of their home ground."

He paused for effect, preparing to receive Wanyin's glare, "Sect Leader Jiang will accompany the hunt? Just to be safe?"

He saw Wanyin's jaw tighten just before others turned to look at him. It passed in a flash and Wanyin gave a small nod, "Of course."

"Well, then it's all good." Elder Zhou, he had come to recognize as Master Zhou's guardian leaned back, satisfied with the result. 

"Master Zhou consider the disciples for the trip. We will leave day after tomorrow, early morning. Make the necessary preparations."

With that the meeting dispersed. He took a formal bow to Wanyin who returned the gesture before he walked out into the open space. The courtyard outside the conferance hall was a circular lotus mural floor. He walked around it, admiring the workmanship. He looked back through the open door of the conference hall. Wanyin was surrounded by some of the elders and Master Zhou, some discussing matter while others offering wine or gifts. He saw a small glimpse of the corner of man's lips, turned down in a grimace. He wanted to laugh.

He followed the mural floor, steaming into leaves towards another part of lotus pier and came upon another courtyard with another mural. This art was multiple lotus buds, some closed, some opening while others falling. He looked around to see himself in an unfamiliar area. The rooms were all shut tight, locked even. 

"The Wen's burnt the residences, this was all that was left, in the inner most part." In the fading light he focused on the structures and saw the remnants of the truth, charred in places.