break up prank

The last thing Jihye expected when she walked through the door was to stumble over the bags by the door.

"Y/N? Baby, what's with all the bags?" She yelled out as she kicked off her shoes and looked around for you.

She heard you coming down the stairs so she looked toward the steps.

At first, her eyes lit up and she couldn't help but smile.

It's been a long day and despite the packed bags by the door, she didn't think too much of it and she's so happy to see you.

But when you shoved past her, she started to feel the happiness fading and a rush of sadness come over her instead.

"Baby?" She frowned and watched you put your duffle bag down by your other ones. "Hey, what's going on?" She asked softly, taking your hand into hers.

You turned around to face her and caught a glimpse of the sadness in her eyes before you looked down at your feet.

"I'm leaving, Jihye."

It took a few seconds for your words to sink in before she chuckled nervously, feeling her heart begin to race from the nervousness she felt.

"Leaving? Where to?"

"I don't know yet." You said and pulled your hand from hers, putting them into your pockets.

"Why are you leaving?"

You could hear the sadness in her voice.

"How long until you come back?"

"I'm not coming back. I'm breaking up with you, Jihye."

Right away, she began to panic and her eyes filled with tears.

"Break up? What? Why?" She asked frantically. "What did I do wrong? Did I forget something important? Did I say or do something wrong?"

"No. Jihye, it's not you." You assured as you took her hand into hers.

"It has to be if you're leaving me. Because we were just talking about the future together a couple of nights ago. Making plans about family and traveling the world together. We were... happy."

You wiped away her tears as they fell.

"I'm sorry-"

She interrupted you by putting her arms around you and burying her face in your neck, clinging to you as tightly as she could.

"Don't go. Please don't break up with me. I can't lose you."

"You're not going to lose me." You said as you rubbed her back.

"I love you so much. I will do whatever it takes to make things better. Just don't leave."

"Jihye, I am not going anywhere." You said, cupping her cheeks in your hands to get her to look into your eyes. "I'm not leaving you. Not ever."

"But... you said,"

"It's a prank!" You said and watched her eyes go wide before she frowned again.

"You pranked me that you were breaking up with me? Y/N, that's not very nice. That was scary!"

"I'm sorry." You said.

"I love you and you know how scared I am of losing you! How would you feel if I did that to you?"

"Terrible."

"Yeah, exactly." She said, sighing as she crossed her arms over her chest. "You know what? I am so getting you back for this. I'm going to prank you right back."

"Okay... I deserve it." You said and she nodded before pulling you into her arms.

"Don't do that again. You scared me."

"I am sorry. I mean that with all of my heart."

"You're so lucky that I love you so very much." She mumbled, kissing your head.

"I am. So very lucky." You said before kissing her neck, wondering what she had up her sleeve for the prank she'd pull on you.