good enough (requested)

Jihye remained quiet as you both walked inside your shared home.

Her head was hung with sadness, her heart aching as she replayed the moment of her name getting called as she got eliminated from the dance competition she's been pouring her heart and soul into.

She's feeling down on herself. She hasn't said a single word to you since the moment took place. She let a tear or two fall from her eyes but tried to keep it together in case anyone noticed.

But now you're alone and you know at any minute, she's bound to fall apart.

She kicked off her shoes and walked past you before going up the stairs.

You followed her and watched as she sat down at the edge of the bed, her eyes full of tears.

"Jihye?"

She didn't look at you as you sat down beside her and put your hand on her thigh, but she did sniffle as if she was ready to cry.

"Baby," you whispered and pulled her in your arms. "Talk to me."

"I wasn't good enough." She sniffled.

"Don't say that, baby."

"It's true." She said as she stared at you, tears falling down her cheeks. "I got eliminated. I failed. I didn't do good. I didn't work hard enough."

"Jihye, stop it!" You said as you gently cupped her cheeks in your hands. "You are good enough. Don't you ever think otherwise."

She sniffled as you wiped away her tears.

"I know it's hard on you. I know you feel bad. But it's not that you weren't good enough. It just wasn't your time. But you did amazing. Every time you performed, you blew people away. This isn't even close to the end, my love. This is only the beginning for you."

"You think so?"

"I know so." You smiled at her. "You did an amazing job. You've got so many people that adore you. Trust me, baby. This is not the end."

"Thank you." She said, smiling a little.

"I'm proud of you. I'm so proud of you, Jihye. You're so talented and you shine so brightly. You are a star. You are amazing and I love you so much. I believe in you. Please, darling, believe in yourself too."

"I love you so much."

"I love you too." You smiled.

She put her arms around you for a hug before she pulled away to kiss you passionately, making sure you know just how much she loves and appreciates you.