hate (requested)

"Give me your phone," Jihye whispered as she rubbed your back soothingly, trying to use her other hand to pry your phone out of your grip.

She usually wouldn't try to do such a thing but right now, she feels as though it's the best thing she can do for you.

You won't stop scrolling through the hateful tweets and the nasty comments under your recent posts on Instagram.

It seems never-ending; the hateful things being said to you now that your relationship with Jihye is public.

People that don't even know you and probably will never know you seem to think you're a terrible and disgusting human being, just because you're dating Jihye.

It was just a few hours ago that your relationship was leaked.

You knew from the very start, upon Jihye opening up to you about who she is and how public her life is, that dating her wouldn't be easy.

She promised to protect you and always keep your relationship private, as it's important to her to do so.

But this happened without either of you being aware and now, the entire world knows that you're the one who has her heart, and it's not being taken well.

Of course, there are a few people who are being kind about it. There are supportive people out there and they're showing you lots of love. But the negativity seems to be outweighing all the positivity and love and it hurts Jihye's heart to see.

"Please, baby." She pleaded before you willingly handed your phone to her, happy to let it out of your sight.

She turned it off and then pulled you into her arms, holding you tighter than she ever has before.

"It feels like everyone hates me."

"I know it feels that way but I promise you that isn't the case." She said as she put her chin on your shoulder. "It's hard to see but people are happy for us. They're rooting for us and showing us love. It's just harder to see when people are being so cruel, right?"

You nodded wordlessly and she sighed as she kissed your shoulder.

"They're making fun of me, calling me names. They make me feel bad about myself."

Jihye's heart shattered over hearing those words fall from your lips.

She knows how it is. She knows what it's like to have so many eyes on you and she knows just how terrible it feels when people judge you and say such horrible things about you, things you'd never say to even your worst enemy.

"It makes me feel worthless."

"But you're not worthless. You are not any of the things those hateful people say you are. Darling, these people are just miserable, lonely, and jealous and they're taking it out on you. They can't accept the fact that I have my own life and that I've fallen in love with someone, someone that isn't them. But that's just too damn bad. They're going to have to learn to live with it because there is no way that I am letting you go just to make them happy."

You sniffled and put your head back on her shoulder, gazing up at her with tears in your eyes.

"And I know it hurts. I know how it feels. But you have to remember that there are so many people that love you and support you. There are so many people that are happy for me, for us. The hate is just overpowering it all right now because it's new. Soon, it'll quiet down. Things will get easier. People will learn to live with it."

"I knew it wouldn't be easy if people found out about us but I didn't think it would be this hard."

"I know." She sighed sadly, her fingers brushing against your sides. "But I will keep my word. The things I told you when I first told you about who I am - that I will always protect you and love you. That still stands. I meant that then and I mean it now." She promised.

You turned around to face her, needing to bury your face in her neck for comfort, which she happily allowed.

"I am not letting you go. I love you and I am not ashamed to say that. I will shout it from the rooftops and proudly so. No matter what anyone says, I will always love you and be here for you. I will not let the opinions of people that do not know me, or us, change the way that I feel about you. I work so hard and I do so much for people and I want to be happy like everyone else gets the chance to be. My happiness is with you, my love. No one can change that, no matter how hard they try."

You chuckled tearfully as she wiped away your tears.

"People can say whatever they want, it'll bring us closer together. It'll only make us lean on each other even more than we do now. If people don't like that I'm in love, then they can stop being a fan of mine. I'm happier than I've ever been before and I will make sure, every single day, that people understand that."

"You always know just what to say to make me feel better." You sniffled and leaned into her touch as she caressed your cheek.

"I love you so much." She whispered before you put your forehead on hers, your fingers intertwining together with hers.

"I love you too."

She pecked your lips before hugging you tightly, promising that she'd always love you and keep you safe, no matter what.