005.

✦ ༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍦— 005

🍦— 005. dreams, gods and goddesses.

ANNABETH HAD EXPLAINED TO Vivi that, sometimes, their godly parent visits their dreams so they could talk with them. Vivi didn't think much of it. So far, her only dreams were either blank or random stuff ─ she once had a dream that Travis was riding some kind of one tire bike. It was weird, so she never brought it up. But now, she didn't know if she should be honored, mad or just wanting to wake up as fast as possible.

Vivi dreamt of some kind of open market. The dark sky was decorated with shinning stars as the lanterns glowed around the stands filled with various foods. She could smell the distant scent of cooked rice that brought joy to her. The streets were crowded with chatting people, all looking excitedly around. 

"Vivienne."

She jumped at the sound of someone calling her name. People around her were moving, not paying attention to her nor the figure that appeared. Vivi looked next to her. The man had a muscular build. His curly black hair sat short a top his head and blue eyes fixed ahead, not onto her. His elfish features, and a sly grin that decorated his face seemed familiar to her, seeing it everyday in the mirror.

"Hermes."

His gaze went down to her. A sad look adoring his features, but Vivi didn't care. She didn't want to be here. She didn't want to see the man who left her. She didn't want to see the man who she wished was there when her mother died. She didn't want to see the man who never once cared to visit his daughter. She didn't want to see him.

"Not dad? Father? Fùqīn even maybe?"

"Why are you here? What do you want?" her tone was harsh as ice, but she didn't care.

Hermes sighed, and looked back at the crowd of people happily shopping, "Whenever I come here, I think of Amelia. She loved this place. She always told me it was like a small part of her tradition was with her."

Vivi stayed quiet as Hermes guided her down the street, stopping in front of a fountain surrounded by young couples, elderly one, parents with their kids. It was crowded, but no one seemed to mind. They were enjoying the place none the less.

"When you were a baby, the Fates already decided your future." Hermes said after a few quiet moments, "They shared your prophecy to your mother, grandmother and I, but, like you know by now, godly parents cannot be with their children as they grow up. I wanted to. I wanted to be there for all of my children, but Zeus never listens. It's forbidden."