015.

༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍦— 015

🍦— 015. when two lovers fight.

HOW WOULD YOU REACT AFTER jumping out a window five hundred feet above ground? Would you be like Rachel Elizabeth Dare who kept screaming on top of her lungs? Would you be cursing your life away like Nico di Angelo? Would you be having fun and shouting in delight like Percy Jackson? Would you be yelling at those shouts of delight like Vivienne Wu? Or would you be surrounded by angry silence while she tried to figure out how to save their lives like Annabeth Chase?

Annabeth yelled, "Spread your arms! Keep them extended."

Vivi did as she was told and her arms responded. As soon as she spread them out, the wings stiffened, caught the wind, and her descent slowed. Her headache was going away slowing, but she could still feel the sharp pain in the side of her head. She needed some ambrosia.

"Land!" Annabeth yelled. "These wings won't last forever."

"How long?" Rachel cried.

"I don't want to find out!"

They swooped down toward the Garden of the Gods. The five of them soared across the valley, over a road, and landed on the terrace of the visitor center. It was late afternoon and the place looked pretty empty, but they ripped off our wings as quickly as they could. Looking at them, Vivi could see Annabeth was right. The self-adhesive seals that bound the wings to their backs were already melting, and were shedding bronze feathers. It seemed a shame, but they couldn't fix them, and couldn't leave them around for the mortals, so the group stuffed the wings in the trash bin outside the cafeteria.

Percy used the tourist binocular camera to look up at the hill where Daedalus's workshop had been, but it had vanished. No more smoke. No broken windows. Just the side of a hill. Vivi, in that time, took some ambrosia from her backpack and took a bit of it. It tasted like mochi ─ a snack she used to get with her mother.

Son of Poseidon looked at her; a square of ambrosia in her hand as she nibbled on it. "You okay?"

Vivi looked at him, "Yeah, the headache is gone."

"You sure? Do you need nectar? I have it in my bag. . . let me just ─ " the boy took of his backpack and started going though it.

The girl laughed, "Perc, hey, it's okay, don't worry," she said and put her hand over the one that was roaming though the backpack, "I'm fine. I just get these after I use it too much. I drains my energy."

"But ─ "

"No need to worry," Vivi assured him, "At least I didn't pass out like the first time. . ."