005.

✦ ༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍦— 005

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

🍦— 005. pain and concern surround vivi.

MINOTAURS ARE FUCKING SCARY. As Percy jumped into the water do to whatever he was supposed to do, Annabeth got a phone call and Vivi's stomach twisted. What if it was one of her siblings who were hurt? Or one of the unclaimed? Or worse. What if it was granny? Vivi watched as her best friend nodded at whatever the person on the other line was saying and her face morphed to a serious expression.

Behind them, a splash of water was heard and Vivi turned to see that Percy came back, not even wet from being in the water. He grinned proudly at them, "It worked. The rivers are safe."

Annabeth hung up the phone call. "Good," she said. "Because we've got other problems. Michael Yew just called. Another army is marching over the Williamsburg Bridge. The Apollo cabin needs help. And Percy, the monster leading the enemy. . . it's the Minotaur." 

The day couldn't get any worse.

Oh, it could, believe Vivi.

Percy did his best taxicab whistle, three in total, and within a few minutes three dark shapes circled out of the sky. They looked like hawks at first, but as they descended Vivi could make out the long galloping legs of pegasi. She sometimes forgets Percy could just summons flying horses.

"Thanks for coming," Percy told him. "Hey, why do pegasi gallop as they fly, anyway?"

Blackjack whinnied. 

"Really, Percy!" Vivi hissed at him, mounting the white horse that was starting to eat her hair

"Kidding," he grinned at her, "Come on."

They flew over it on the way here, and it don't look good.

They saw the battle before they were close enough to make out individual fighters. It was well after midnight now, but the bridge blazed with light. Cars were burning. Arcs of fire streamed in both directions as flaming arrows and spears sailed through the air. They came in for a low pass, and Vivi saw the Apollo campers retreating. They would hide behind cars and snipe at the approaching army, setting off explosive arrows and dropping caltrops in the road, building fiery barricades wherever they could, dragging sleeping drivers out of their cars to get them out of harm's way.

But the enemy kept advancing. An entire phalanx of dracaenae marched in the lead, their shields locked together, spear tips bristling over the top. An occasional arrow would connect with their snaky trunks, or a neck, or a chink in their armor, and the unlucky snake woman would disintegrate, but most of the Apollo arrows glanced harmlessly off their shield wall.