014.

༉‧₊˚⋆˚( ᵖᵉʳᶠᵉᶜᵗ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ )˚⁺✧₊˚.*♡

🍦— 014

🍦— 014. no time for flying lessons.

BEFORE THEIR QUEST, Annabeth had described to Vivi what she should expect when they ( if they ) arrive at the Daedalus's workshop. This, however, was much better then what Annabeth had explained to her. 

The first thing that struck Vivi noticed was the daylight ─ blazing sun coming through giant windows. And then, she held in breath as her eyes wandered around the workshop.

The workshop was like an artist's studio, with thirty-foot ceilings and industrial lighting, polished stone floors, and workbenches along with windows. A spiral staircase led up to a second-story loft. Half a dozen easels displayed hand-drawn diagrams for buildings and machines that looked like Leonardo da Vinci sketches. Several laptop computers were scattered around on the tables. Glass jars of green oil ─ Greek fire ─ lined one shelf. There were inventions, too ─ weird metal machines Vivi couldn't make sense of. One was a bronze chair with a bunch of electrical wires attached to it, like some kind of torture device. In another corner stood a giant metal egg about the size of a man. There was a grandfather clock that appeared to be made entirely of glass, so you could see all the gears turning. And hanging on the wall were several sets of bronze and silver wings.

"Di immortales," Annabeth muttered. She ran to the nearest easel and looked at the sketch. "He's a genius! Look at the curves on this building!"

"And an artist," Rachel said in amazement. "These wings are amazing!"

For the first time, Vivi admits Rachel was right. The feathers were tightly interwoven with self-adhesive strips ran down the sides. 

Apparently Daedalus was not at home, but the workshop looked like it had been recently used. The laptops were running their screen savers. A half-eaten blueberry muffin and a coffee cup sat on a workbench. Vivi walked to the window. The view outside was amazing. They were high up in the foothills, at least five hundred feet, and down below a valley spread out, filled with a tumbled collection of red mesas and boulders and spires of stone. Percy walked over to her and looked out of the window.

"Where are we?" he asked.

"Colorado Springs," a voice said behind them. "The Garden of the Gods."

Standing on the spiral staircase above them, with his weapon drawn, was Camp Half-Blood's missing sword master Quintus.

"You," Annabeth said. "What have you done with Daedalus?"

Quintus smiled faintly. "Trust me, my dear. You don't want to meet him."