your brother's best friend

You're sitting in the living room trying to do your homework, but your twin brother, Bobby, and all his friends are making it hard to concentrate.

They're all sitting in the sofa; talking loudly. Johnny keeps looking over his shoulder at you. You blush every time you lock eyes with him. He grins because he knows he's the cause.

You try to focus on your homework, but there's too much noise. «Bobby, could you take your friends downstairs? I have to finish this.» You point to your homework.

«You're such a nerd,» Bobby scoffs, but he takes his friends and go downstairs anyways. All except one. You can feel Johnny's breath in your neck. You know because you've felt it on your skin before.

«You're hovering,» you tell him. Johnny squints his eyes and looks at your homework. «How are you understanding that?» He asks with confusion in his voice.

«I have something called brain cells,» you say teasingly. «These little cells located in the brain, which is usually located in the head. I don't know where yours is-»

«Alright, enough,» Johnny interrupts in a groan. He grabs your homework and brings it closer to his face. «I should understand this, you know, seen as I am older than you.»

You groan. «Give it a rest, will you? Bobby's not older than me... He was just more of a fighter than I was.»

Johnny titters. «Seems like he still is.» You turn around on your chair so you're face to face. Though Johnny has to bend down so your eyes can be leveled.

«You think so?» You ask him. His eyes travel to your lips, then back to your eyes. He leans in for a kiss, but you stop him. «What are you doing? Bobby's home.»

Johnny grabs your hand and helps you off the chair. «Then let's go somewhere we can be alone.» He drags you out of the house and out into the sharp sunlight.

The sun is warm on your skin as you walk down the road; your house becoming smaller and smaller behind you. Johnny's hand is heavy in yours.

«Where are you taking me?» You ask in a pant. He's walking fast, and the hot weather is making you sweat. «Good things come to those who wait,» Johnny says with a smirk.

It's unusual, hanging out with Johnny on your own. Bobby and the other guys plus the girls are usually always around. You're not complaining, though.

You round a corner, and see a big, teal and pink coloured ice cream truck. Your jaw drops. «Is this where you're taking me?» You ask excitedly.

«Yes,» Johnny beams at you. «I hope you like ice cream.» You throw your head back in a chuckle. «Oh my God, how did you know about this?»

Johnny raises his eyebrows at you. «He's here every Tuesday, have you never run into him?» Johnny asks in surprise. You're almost embarrassed to say no.

You almost never walk around your neighbourhood. Everytime you go out, you take the car.

«What flavor do you want, lady?» The man behind the counter asks with a smile. You return the smile and study the number of different flavors. «Mango sorbet, please.»

The man scoops some mango sorbet into a cone, and hands it to you. «Thank you,» you say. Then he turns to Johnny. «What about you?»

«Vanilla,» Johnny says and hands the guy a five dollar bill. «For both.» He points to your ice cream as well. «Oh, gentleman,» the man behind the counter says and winks at you.

You put a hand to your face to hide your massive blush. Johnny chuckles and thanks the man when he recieves his ice cream.

The man waves you goodbye, and you continue down the road. «Vanilla?» You scoff at Johnny. «The most boring ice cream flavor ever, really?»

Johnny squints his eyes. «Is that a reference to... something else?» He asks with a smirk.

Your jaw drops, and you punch him in the shoulder. «You're so gross.» Johnny only chuckles as he sits down on the curb. You join him.

The scolding pavement is hot against your bare thighs. «Thank you, by the way,» you say and gesture to your ice cream.

«Don't sweat it,» Johnny says. You look at him, and find he's got ice cream smeared all across the seam of his lips. «You've got something here,» you say in a titter and point to your own lips for reference.

Johnny licks his lips, but the ice cream is still there. «Did I get it?» You shake your head and lean a bit closer to his face.

«It's just right...» you plant your lips on his, and taste the sweet vanilla flavor as you lick the ice cream off him. «...there.»

You're surprised to see Johnny's face in a deep, crimson blush when you pull out. You can't hold in your chuckle.

«Bobby's gonna kill me,» Johnny says in a groan. You look down at your feet. «Yeah, you're probably right,» you say awkwardly.

You feel Johnny grabbing your face and bringing it closer to his. «Whatever, I can take a beating.» He presses his lips against yours, and your tongue starts fighting for dominance inside your mouth.

His hands travel up and tangle in your hair as he pulls away slowly. You watch as he scans every inch of your face. «You're beautiful,» he says softly.

You feel your stomach twisting and turning. «You really think so?» You say quietly. Johnny smiles at you; bringing heat to your cheeks.

«I wouldn't lie to you,» he assures you. Your eyes flutter with pure euphoria. He puts one arm around you, and you rest your head against his shoulder.

You wish you could sit there forever.

* * *

[A/N: Heyyy thanks for checking out this book. I have to admit it feels weird to post like only bits and bits and not an entire coherent book lol. If anyone has any requests I'll take them with pleasure!]