A Life

Y/n's Pov:

Druig and I, we'd settled nicely in the amazon, I was able to help the humans with growing food and making enough water for all of us. Druig always made sure to keep the peace in this little community we had created.

Only a couple of days ago we had felt a huge earthquake, we knew that there was more behind it than what the rest of the world knew. And we also knew that it was likely we would soon being seeing our old friends again.

"Do you ever think about what would have happened if we hadn't left?" I asked Druig as we leaned against a tree outside just enjoying each other's company.

"I think we made the right choice if that's what you're asking, why do you regret coming with me?" He smirked.

"No, you know I don't." I smirked back at him, I just wonder if maybe we could have changed their minds, maybe we'd all be living together in peace." I thought out loud.

Druig stayed quiet. We stayed silent for a couple more minutes. I closed my eyes just taking deep breaths and enjoying nature.

"I thought I did." Druig blurted out of nowhere.

"What?" I was confused.

"The question I never answered...I thought I did." it took me a second to realize what he was talking about.

"Oh, you thought you loved Makkari?" He nodded. "What does that mean?" I wanted more information.

"I thought I was in love with her when you asked me, but then I realized I wasn't really sure what love was, so I don't think I really loved her like that." He told me.

"Oh." I didn't know what else to say.

"Can I ask you a question this time?" he turned to me.

"Okay, but I don't promise I'm gonna answer." I felt like I knew where this was going.

"Are you in love with me?" He asked, not breaking eye contact.

"I think you know the answer to that." I was avoiding a proper answer.

"Please, just tell me." He was serious.

"Yes Druig, I'm in love with you, and I have been for the past 7000 years." I finally admitted, getting up and walking forward not really wanting to see his reaction.

There was silence for a couple of minutes which was worse for me, the anticipation of what he might say was killing me. I started making rain drops in front of me, the ground soaking up the water, the noise was helping my nerves. "Are you gonna say anything?" I had enough, I turned around expecting Druig to be by the tree or gone but he was right here, in front of me.

Without realizing it I had moved the raindrops over us and we were both getting soaked. "Can you stop?" He laughed.

"Sorry." I made it stop. "Druig what are you doing?" He began walking towards me, leaving no distance between our bodies and before I knew it he had grabbed my face pulling me into a kiss.

I was confused, this was the last thing I expected but I didn't want it to stop. I pulled away feeling like he was only doing this because he felt bad. "y/n." He breathed.

"Druig, why are you doing this?" I whispered.

"Because I feel the same way." He whispered, pulling me by my waist back into a deep kiss except for this time it was completely reciprocated by me.

We had laid down on the ground now, Druig was hovering over me. "It took you over thousands of years to answer my question." I smiled.

"Was it worth it?" He smiled down at me.

"Hell yeah." I pulled him back down.

____

After a couple of hours of enjoyment in the woods, Druig and I were making our way back to the community. We had shared a room for all the years we had been here, nothing was ever awkward between us and we were happy, but we also knew that this wasn't going to last forever.

During our time in the Amazon Druig and I made sure to keep training, I would train with the nature around me and sometimes Druig would encourage me to use my powers against him which I avoided doing as much as possible.

He'd easily control the minds of the humans in the community we were living in and I let him use his powers against me too, except he never went too far with it, only making me do simple things such as sleep, grow a plant, create water, make it rain, give him a kiss, etc.

One day Gilgamesh had come to ask for our help, he wanted Druig to use his powers to put Thena to sleep since he had to make a trip and was scared of what Thena might do when he was gone. Druig happily accepted.

Apart from Gilgamesh and Thena we hadn't seen any of the Eternals during our time in the Amazon, although I didn't tell Druig about it much I was worried about them constantly, wondering how they were doing if they were even still alive if they were still continuing Arishem's plans.

I was standing by the river's edge one day just thinking about what Makkari, Kingo, Sersei, Sprite might be doing in those moments. "What are you thinking about?" I heard Druig's voice behind me.

"Nothing, just watching the water." I lied shooting him a smile.

"It offends me that after 7000 years together, you still think I can't tell when you're lying." He walked over to me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and kissing my head.

I stifled a laugh. "I don't know, I just wonder sometimes what everyone else might be up to, do you think they're okay?" I leaned my head against him.

"I do, they were good people. They just believed in the wrong thing too much." He was honest.

"Thank you Druig." I had been keeping that in for a while too.

"For what?" He stepped back a little to face me.

"For taking care of me all these years, for helping me realize that what we were doing was wrong, for helping me become a better person." I could think of several things to thank him for.

"We take care of each other, we both helped each other become better people." He brushed it off as nothing. "But I need to thank you." He smiled

"What for?" I was confused.

"You've never hesitated to stand by me, you left with me without even thinking about it."

"There was nothing to think about, it was the easiest choice I've ever had to make." It was the truth.

"Can you make me some flowers?" He asked

I furrowed my brows confused but started making flowers in a spot beside him. He bent down to pick them and make a bouquet. "Here, a gift from you to you." He smirked

I laughed. "I love them." I wrapped my arms around him pulling him into a hug which he returned. "I just wish we could stay like this for Eternity," I confessed.

"Yeah...me too." He sighed.