1521 AD Tenochtitlan

The place was in complete ruins, the humans, seemed to be worse than the deviants, no care for life, no care for humanity, wanting nothing but pure bloodshed, power, and destruction.

The group fought the deviants, killing them, they were supposed to be the last remaining on this earth. Makkari and Thena had already gone to meet the rest of the group in the woods, y/n, Ikaris, Kingo, Gilgamesh still fighting off the remaining deviants.

They all seemed to be gone, y/n lifting herself off the ground scoping the land one last time for anything they might have missed. Once she couldn't see anything she gestured for the rest of the group to head back into the trees.

She landed right in the center arriving in time to see as Druig attempted to stop the soldiers with the stronger weapons. "Don't do it. We never interfere in their wars." Ajak stopped him.

"It's not a war, it's genocide, their weapons have turned lethal, maybe helping them advance wasn't such a good idea after all don't you think Phastos?" y/n could tell her friend was growing agitated.

She walked forward placing a hand on his chest. "Druig." She tried to get him to stop.

"Technology is part of their evolutionary process Druig, it's not an element I can stop." Phastos answered back.

"No, not you but I can." Druig was right, he was powerful enough to put an end to this killing.

"Druig please." y/n attempted to get friend to stop again.

"It's too late, you're all going to die at the end." Everyone's attention was now on Thena who's powers seemed to be spinning out of control. Her eyes turning white.

"Are you okay?" Sersei asked, we all watched confused as Thena formed a weapon.

"Thena?" y/n stepped forward.

She began attacking, almost piercing through y/n but Makkari was able to push her out of the way just in time. Makkari got up before y/n could even get back up pushing Thena far but getting hurt in the process.

Thena was about to stab Makkari but y/n threw a ball of dirt into her face distracting her for a couple of seconds but now she was the target once more. As Thena began approaching her she waved her weapon ready to stab her, y/n felt someone push her back, Druig.

But Ajak was now standing between Thena and them. It looked as though she was able to put a stop to Thena's sudden violent outburst. But it was short-lived as all it took was another explosion to set Thena off again.

She began waving her weapon again, this time it looked as though Ajak wasn't going to be able to stop her again. "THENA NO!" She was about to stab Ajak but y/n threw her back making her the target once again. Thena dove forward not giving y/n enough time, before she knew it y/n felt a sharp pain through her stomach. Thena had pierced her. She pulled her weapon back out of y/n and she fell back.

Gilgamesh was now fighting Thena. "y/n" Druig was by her side. "AJAK!" He hollered, feeling frustrated for the fact that he wasn't able to do anything to help y/n. Ajak rushed over quickly healing the large wound y/n had on her side at the same time Gilgamesh was finally able to put a stop to Thenas violence.

"Is Thena okay?" was the first thing y/n asked as soon as she was healed. Druig helped her up.

"She'll be fine, I just knocked her out." Gilgamesh answered.

"Let's get her upstairs." Ajak told them. They were all pretty shaken but everyone knew this wasn't Thena, this was something, someone else.

"I'll take her." y/n offered seeing that Ikaris was reluctant, Thena had hurt Sersei too.

"You okay?" Makkari asked y/n.

"I'm fine, thank you, are you?" y/n answered Makkari.

"I'm okay." She signed back and smiled.

"Let's go." y/n leviteted herself and everyone else.

y/n placed Thena down gently on the center and everyone else stood around waiting for her to wake up.

"It's Mahd Wy'ry" Ajak spoke.

"I thought Mahd Wy'ry was a myth." Sersei stood beside Thena.

"Can't you wake her?" y/n asked Druig.

"I'm not sure I want to, she nearly killed all of us, she nearly killed you." Druig whispered back to her.

"You know that wasn't her." y/n tried to reason with him.

Thena finally woke up. "What happened to me?" She asked.

"You hurt Sersei Thena, you attacked everyone else, you hurt Sersei, Phastos, Makkari, you almost killed y/n." Ajak told Thena as she sat up.

"I can't remember." The group could tell Thena was telling the truth, she had no recolection of what she did.

"You have Mahd Wy'ry, your mind is fracturing with all the weight of your memories." Ajak told her. "The only solution is to erase them so you can start again."

Druig and y/n shook their heads disapprovingly, these were the moments where they most doubted Arishem's plans, where they began to questioned Ajak's leadership.

Makkari spoke up, defending Thena. "And what if it happenes again?" Druig argued. "She almost killed her." Druig pointed at y/n. "She could've killed all of us."

Ajak tried reasoning with Thena, and Thena was so afraid. "You have to trust me." Ajak placed her hand on Then's chest, over her heart.

"Why would she trust you?" Druig spoke up. y/n stood beside him, surprised he did but knowing she was questioning that too. "You're begging her to let you erase her esence" Druig stepped in front of Ajak.

"Druig, I know you're angry-" Ajak began.

"ANGRY?! These past 7000 years we've been trusting you and look at where that's gotten us! I've watched the humans destroy each other when I had the power to stop them." Druig began tearing up. "Do you understand what it's like to live with that kind of pain?"

y/n felt so much pain herself seeing Druig punish himself like this, walking to his side to show her support. "He's right, what we're doing, what we've been doing for the past 7000 years, it can't be right Ajak." y/n added.

"What if the mission was a terrible mistake?" Druig suggested. "Do you really think we're helping these people to build a better world?" Druig spoke to the rest of the group now. Druig turned back towards the fight below. "We're the same as those soldiers, pawns for their leaders, blinded by loyalty, but it stops now."

y/n had stayed in front of Ajak and she saw the pain in Ajak's eyes as Druig spoke, as much as she loved Ajak and had trusted her once, she had to listen to her heart. Suddenly there was silence, Druig had taken control of the soldiers below.

"Free them!" Ikaris had flown forward shoving Druig against the wall.

"You'll have to make me." Druig argued back.

y/n had quickly stepped forward placing herself in between Ikaris and Druig, she saw in Ikaris eyes he would have no problem with going through her.

"STOP!" Ajak walked forward and Ikaris finally stood down.

"If you want to stop me, you'll have to kill me." Druig spoke to Ajak.

"You'll have to Kill us." y/n slipped her hand in Druig's. Druig gave her a faint smile. "I'm sorry." y/n signed to Makkari before levitating Druig and herself down to the soldiers who were still under Druig's control.