IRAQ

Ikaris and Sersei had gone to find Phastos, and hopefully, bring him back.

Once Phastos had agreed to help, the team headed back to Iraq to find the domo and possibly Makkari. y/n didn't tell Druig but she was nervous about seeing Makkari again, she loved her, Makkari was one of her best friends. But after what Druig had told her, about how he wasn't sure if he was ever in love with her, she wondered that if being back together with her would bring back some old emotions and he would end things between them. 

"You look hot in a leather jacket and sunglasses have I told you that?" y/n turned to look at Druig as they approached the domo. 

"No you haven't but by the way you've been looking at me like I'm just another piece of bread to you I gathered." he nudged her and smirked. 

"Fine, I'll stop." y/n teased him. 

"I didn't say I didn't like it." Druig kept his smirk, but his eyes lit up as he took control of the archeologist's minds who were working over the ship making them pack up and drive away. 

Phastos used his powers to make the Domo lift off the ground. We all then entered, Kingo and Karun making sure they were capturing every second with their endless amounts of cameras. 

Thena accidentally stepped on a bag of chips which caused Phastos to yelp in fear. He tried to brush it off.

"As you can see being an Eternal doesn't stop us from feeling a lot of human emotions, like cowardice." Kingo spoke to his camera making Druig, Sprite and y/n laugh.  

The team continued walking forward, then there she was, Makkari, reading on a throne, surrounded by hundreds of books. Phastos freaked out slightly at the state of his lab. 

"Finally, is it time to go home?" Makkari signed to all of us. We all gave her a disappointed look which she returned. 

Makkari jumped off her seat running forward to give y/n a tight hug which she returned. "I've missed you." y/n signed to her friend. 

Druig had begun walking around the lab inspecting the collection Makkari had as well as everyone else, except for Phastos who had begun working. Kingo walked by me taking Makkari away to explain everything that had happened and also to question her about his movies. 

"Now, how is it that you got your hands on the emerald tablet, my beautiful, beautiful Makkari," Druig spoke to her. "Did you miss me?" He then asked her, a loving look in his eyes. 

"Excuse me what are we seeing?" Phastos interrupted. 

"Is this new? Because I hate it? And I also thought you were with her?" Kingo pointed at y/n who was leaning against a wall watching the pair uncomfortable, hurt, and jealous. 

Druig noticed y/n's discomfort. "Phastos, I need to control a celestial's mind." Druig stepped forward urging Phastos to get back to work. 

"Alright everyone prepares yourselves." Phastos began showing the team how he had created something that allowed them to share each other's powers, hopefully allowing them to give Druig enough power to get into the celestials mind. 

As Phastos continued explaining Druig made his way over to y/n nudging her slightly hoping to earn a smile from her.  "I'm sorry, that didn't mean anything," Druig whispered to her. 

"It's fine." y/n faked a smile brushing it off like it was nothing although it really made her uncomfortable. She stepped forward creating some distance in between Druig and her which wasn't like her. 

"I still know when you're lying." Druig stepped towards her again. 

"I got jealous, that's all, I've had you to myself for so long it just felt weird." She told half the truth. 

"Hey, it's you okay, it's always been you." He whispered making her turn to face him which he took as an opportunity to give her a quick kiss. Makkari's smile dropped as she saw the gesture. 

Things were getting tense again, Kingo and Sprite were looking to Ikaris for answers even though Sersei was the one who was chosen to lead us. Both y/n and Druig would follow Sersei in a heartbeat but following Ikaris wasn't going to be that easy. 

"You're the strongest, you should be the one to decide." Sprite was annoyed Ikaris had passed the leadership onto Sersei. Kingo had gone to bring Ikaris back after he walked away and Sprite had left annoyed too. 

The rest of us shrugged waiting to see if Sersei had anything to say. y/n went to lean on the ledge where he and Druig had shared so many memories thousands of years before. Druig had walked over to Makkari. 

y/n watched as they walked around the lab chatting, she couldn't fully hear Druig but she was able to see what Makkari was saying. They had come to a halt only a few meters away from y/n, she was able to see and hear them. 

"Tell me the truth, are you in love with y/n?" Makkari asked Druig. 

y/n tried to act as though she wasn't paying attention to the conversation but that was something she had been wondering too. "Yes, I'm in love with her, I'm sorry if that hurts you, that was never my intention," Druig answered her. 

"I always knew you were right for each other, it was only time you realized it." Makkari replied she took it better than both y/n and Druig expected. 

y/n wasn't able to contain the urge to look up, she found that Druig was looking straight at her, a faint smile on his lips. Makkari turned and saw y/n was looking too. 

"Are we okay?" y/n signed to her friend. 

"Always." Makkari signed back giving her a bright smile. 

Druig made his way over to y/n joining her on the ledge. Who knew where or when he had found the time but Druig pulled out a piece of bread, ripping it in half and passing a piece to y/n. 

y/n laughed taking the piece from his hand. "Did you really mean it?" She asked him. 

"It offends me you know...after 7000 years you still can't tell when I'm telling the truth." a smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. 

As much as y/n tried to avoid it a big smile formed on her lips. But their moment was short-lived when Phastos announced the uni-mind was proving harder than he thought.