Betrayal

Sersei had run in, she looked worried. "Find the location of the emergence." Phastos handed Makkari a tracker, urging her to use her speed. Makkari nodded and sped away quickly. 

Thena was standing alone, caught up in her thoughts. y/n noticed, gesturing to Druig to look and he decided to go have a chat with her while y/n went to talk to Phastos, seeing if she would be able to help in any way. 

"You always knew the end would come, it must be a relief." Druig began a conversation with Thena. 

"That deviant is tracking us," Thena responded, ignoring what he said.

"Revenge won't bring you peace Thena." Druig understood Thena's pain and anger but he also knew how the mind worked. 

"But killing it might." Thena wanted nothing more. 

Ikaris walked in suited up, Phastos and y/n were both still in the center trying to work out a way to make the uni-mind work. "We're really close." Phastos let Ikaris know as he walked in.  

y/n watched as Ikaris eyes began glowing. "IKARIS!" She tried to stop him but he had already blasted Phastos back. Y/n was trying to comprehend what was happening and as soon as she wanted to fight back Ikaris had blasted her back too, causing her to hit the top of the domo hard before falling to the ground 

"Y/N!" Druig yelled running over to her.

"Boss what are you doing?!" Kingo questioned Ikaris.

"He lied to us, he knew about the emergance." Sersei announced to everyone. 

Sprite and Druig helped y/n up, the feeling of betrayal growing stronger and stronger in y/n and being quickly replaced by anger.  

"He wouldn't" Kingo was in denial. 

"Ajak told me everything after Babylon." Ikaris no longer cared for keeping the secret. 

"What?" Kingo was in disbelief.

"You weren't gonna let us stop the emergence." Phastos was beginning to understand everything, as was everyone else. 

"No, I just wanted to protect you from the deviants." It was hard to believe a word he said anymore. 

"If Ajak wanted to give her spot to you, why did she chose me?" Sersei still wasn't getting it. Ikaris stayed quiet, not wanting to confess what he did, to Sersei. "What did you do?" Sersei finally understood. 

"He killed her." y/n spoke up. 

"I had to." Ikaris tried to defend his actions to Sersei. 

The anger in the room was growing heavier and heavier. Phastos had to speak up too, giving Ikaris his peace of mind, it looked as though they were getting ready to fight before Makkari had run in letting the team know she had found the location of the emergence. 

"MAKKARI!" y/n tried to warn her friend as Ikaris was getting ready to blast her. Kingo jumped in front of her taking the hit for her. "Makkari run!" y/n quickly got her friend's attention. 

Makkari didn't stay to question anything and took off. y/n focused her attention on Kingo now helping him get up. 

"Kingo." Ikaris began approaching him. 

Kingo stepped in front of y/n. "You should never hurt your family." Kingo raised his hand ready to attack Ikaris. "Gilgamesh died because of you."

"You won't be able to defeat me." Ikaris spoke to everyone. "And I'll kill you all if I have to." 

Druig stepped forward as if ready to take him on, y/n grabbing his arm and stopping him.

Ikaris was ready to leave. "Stop!" Sprite yelled. "I'm coming with you." 

"Sprite!" Sersei tried to stop her and at that moment Thena walked in. It looked as though Ikaris was going to attack her but Sprite made them disappear before he was able to. 

___

Y/n POV: 

Moments passed and Makkari had come back. Druig had taken a seat in one of the tables and I had leaned against him, nudging myself in between his legs, he wrapped his arms over the front of me. 

Explaining everything to Makkari was hard. "Why would Sprite go with Ikaris?" She questioned. 

"Because she loves him," Kingo spoke up. It came as a surprise to most of the group. "Oh did nobody catch onto that?" Kingo seemed to be the only one who noticed. "He betrayed us all...let's go Karun." Kingo knew this was bigger than him. 

We all tried our best to stop Kingo from leaving but it was no use. We didn't blame him, it was looking really bad for us, but we the rest of us, we knew we wanted to fight back no matter what happened. 

Before Karun left he expressed his gratitude to us all, making me shed a few tears. And despite his rough start with a lot of us we had grown very fond of him, even Druig. 

"Hey, if I'm going to wind up dead for facing Ikaris, we'll need a plan B." Druig spoke up. 

I hated the fact that Druig considered the possibility that he was going to die, even though I did too and it was very much possible, even the thought of it caused me so much pain. I knew Druig was going to try his best to beat Ikaris, to take control of the Celestial but even I knew this was far beyond his capabilities.

"Even if our powers are amplified we would never be able to kill a celestial." Phastos accepted defeat. 

"Well Sersei did turn a deviant into a tree." Druig added, he was chewing on another piece of bread. Sometimes I could swear Druig had the power of making food appear out of thin air. 

"Wait what? Did you ever plan to tell me?" Phastos was shocked. 

"I just, don't know how it happened, and I don't think I could do it again even if I wanted to." Sersei doubted herself. 

"Well this is exactly the moment to try it, don't you think?" Phastos encouraged her. 

"Phastos that deviant died, our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep not kill it, I can't kill a Celestial" 

"Sersi!" Phastos was growing frustrated. 

"I can't!.. I just can't" Sersei really didn't believe in herself. 

"It's okay Sersi...I'll take care of it." Druig tried to reassure Sersi. She nodded, then walked away. 

I straightened up. "Druig-" I was going to express my concerns. 

"I can do it...I know I can." Druig tried to reassure me too. 

"I can tell when you're lying." I felt myself tear up knowing that if Druig wasn't able to do it, he'd probably be the first one to die. 

"It'll be okay." Druig grabbed my hands. 

"Druig...I can't..." My voice broke. "I can't lose you." a tear streamed down my face. 

Druig lifted his hand up to my cheek using his thumb to wipe my tear off my face. "You'll be okay." I could see it hurt Druig to see me like this. 

"No I won't...we're supposed to be together for eternity you promised me that." more tears streamed down my cheeks. 

"y/n, if this means I get to keep you alive, it doesn't matter what anyone says, I'm doing this." I knew I wouldn't get him to change his mind but I had to let him know how I felt. 

"I love you." I tried to fight back the tears terrified that we were sharing our last moments together.

"I love you too." Druig pulled me into his chest and held me tightly.